fast pasta recipe

Options
Does anybody have a good and fast pasta recipe for dinner?

Replies

• imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Ingredients
    1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1/4 cup smooth natural peanut butter
    2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
    2 teaspoons minced garlic
    1 1/2 teaspoons chile-garlic sauce, or to taste (see Ingredient note)
    1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
    8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
    1 12-ounce bag fresh vegetable medley, such as carrots, broccoli, snow peas

Preparation
    1.Put a large pot of water on to boil for cooking pasta.
    2.Meanwhile, place chicken in a skillet or saucepan and add enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, shred into bite-size strips.
    3.Whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, chile-garlic sauce and ginger in a large bowl.
    4.Cook pasta in the boiling water until not quite tender, about 1 minute less than specified in the package directions. Add vegetables and cook until the pasta and vegetables are just tender, 1 minute more. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Rinse the pasta and vegetables with cool water to refresh. Stir the reserved cooking liquid into the peanut sauce; add the pasta, vegetables and chicken; toss well to coat. Serve warm or chilled.
    Tips & Notes
    Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. To serve, stir in 2 tablespoons warm water per portion; serve cold or reheat in microwave.
    Ingredient Note: Chile-garlic sauce (or chili-garlic sauce, or paste) is a blend of ground chiles, garlic and vinegar and is commonly used to add heat and flavor to Asian soups, sauces and stir-fries. It can be found in the Asian section of large supermarkets and keeps up to 1 year in the refrigerator.
    Nutrition
    Per serving: 363 calories; 12 g fat (2 g sat, 0 g mono); 44 mg cholesterol; 36 g carbohydrates; 29 g protein; 7 g fiber; 348 mg sodium; 287 mg potassium.

Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (58% daily value), Fiber (27% dv), Vitamin C (25% dv), Magnesium (19% dv).
  • 100x2xLose
    Options
    Not so much a real recipe as things I put in pasta...

One of my favourites is bow-tie pasta with diced tomatoes (Aylmer makes a canned brand that's chili flavoured), capers, black olives, zucchini and a tiny splash of olive oil. You can add cooked chicken or shrimp to it if you want.
  • estes58
    estes58 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ingredients
    1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1/4 cup smooth natural peanut butter
    2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
    2 teaspoons minced garlic
    1 1/2 teaspoons chile-garlic sauce, or to taste (see Ingredient note)
    1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
    8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
    1 12-ounce bag fresh vegetable medley, such as carrots, broccoli, snow peas

Preparation
    1.Put a large pot of water on to boil for cooking pasta.
    2.Meanwhile, place chicken in a skillet or saucepan and add enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, shred into bite-size strips.
    3.Whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, chile-garlic sauce and ginger in a large bowl.
    4.Cook pasta in the boiling water until not quite tender, about 1 minute less than specified in the package directions. Add vegetables and cook until the pasta and vegetables are just tender, 1 minute more. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Rinse the pasta and vegetables with cool water to refresh. Stir the reserved cooking liquid into the peanut sauce; add the pasta, vegetables and chicken; toss well to coat. Serve warm or chilled.
    Tips & Notes
    Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. To serve, stir in 2 tablespoons warm water per portion; serve cold or reheat in microwave.
    Ingredient Note: Chile-garlic sauce (or chili-garlic sauce, or paste) is a blend of ground chiles, garlic and vinegar and is commonly used to add heat and flavor to Asian soups, sauces and stir-fries. It can be found in the Asian section of large supermarkets and keeps up to 1 year in the refrigerator.
    Nutrition
    Per serving: 363 calories; 12 g fat (2 g sat, 0 g mono); 44 mg cholesterol; 36 g carbohydrates; 29 g protein; 7 g fiber; 348 mg sodium; 287 mg potassium.

Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (58% daily value), Fiber (27% dv), Vitamin C (25% dv), Magnesium (19% dv).

This sounds great but what is the serving size??????
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I actually just made this for dinner, myself, and had quite the compliments! I used shell pasta, but you could decrease the calories a little bit more if you used a wheat pasta!

8 oz shell pasta
    1 Tbsp olive oil ( I always use light so that decreases the calories a couple more)
    3 garlic cloves
    1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
    1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
    1/2 tsp salt ( I omitted salt and used some Mrs. Dash)
    1 (14 oz) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
    2 Tbsp dried parsley
    1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Cook the pasta accordingly. While the pasta cooks, heat the oil in a large skillet, over medium heat, until hot. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper, cook and stir for 1 minute, or until the garlic is soft. Add the tomatoes and salt, (or your seasoning) , and parsley. Increase the heat to medium-high:boil gently for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly. Stir in the artichokes, cook 3 minutes or until hot.

Drain pasta then toss it with the sauce and sprinkle with parmesan

4 (1 3/4 cup) servings
    390 calories, 7.5 g total fat (2.5 saturated fat), 17 g protein, 65.5 g carbohydrate, 5 mg cholesterol, 1070 mg sodium, 9 g fiber

Along side I grilled some zuchinni! It is pretty filling as well.
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Unbreaded Chicken Parm.

Take Chicken slice in half so it is thin season then place on George Foreman Grill or in a frying pan with a little grape oil or olive oil. Cook until done. Then place cooked chicken on a baking pan spoon sauce on top of chicken then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Place in oven a preheated oven until the cheese melts serve over pasta with a little bit more sauce.
  • mamtz26
    mamtz26 Posts: 22
    Options
    I used 100% whole wheat Penne pasta, Broiled chicken breast or ground turkey( I like shrimp) , and Newman's Alfredo sauce. Cook pasta as directed and one a serving of sauce to 1.5 cups of pasta and about 4-6oz of chicken breast or meat of choice. Taste great and less than 700 calories. if you ground turkey or steam the shrimp you'll be done and ready to eat in about 20 min :)
  • jdayl
    jdayl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I usually just eyeball the amounts I use when I cook but here it goes

1 bag pasta, 1lb don't bother cooking it first
    some ground meat that is cooked or 1 bag faux meat crumbles (morning star brand are good and you don't have to precook)
    1 can spaghetti sauce + 1/2 cup or so water or leftover red wine
    1 pkg pre-sliced mushrooms
    if you feel like slicing you can add zucchini (yummy)
    spices if you want to zip up the sauce
    cheese product of choice

Throw everything but cheese in baking dish (I use 9x13"), mix together, cover with tin foil, bake 350 for 20-30 min check halfway through, if it seems too dry add some more water or wine.
    Bake until pasta is soft and done, uncover and grate cheese over top bake until cheese is nice and bubbly.

pair with salad, bread and wine
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    2 oz chicken breast( ...I cut it into strips before cooking it so it cooks faster)
    1 serving of frozen cheese tortellini's
    Low fat alfredo sauce
    Brocolli

I season the chicken breast with salt and pepper then sauttee it in garlic and just a small amount of olive oil ....and while thats cooking i boil the tortellinis, drain and then cook in the alfredo sauce....while steaming the brocolli when everything is done cooking I mix it together...so yummy and it usually takes about 20 mins tops (only because of the chicken and i like to make sure it's well done lol)

the cals for mine usually adds up to about 370cals :)