Parking

Options
jsiricos
jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
So where do you park when you go shopping?
Is it still the best spot , closest to the store/mall, or do you park the far end and walk?

Replies

• PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I try to find a spot in the parking lot. Typically one I can back in or be able to pull forward. Backing out is a real tough thing to do in my truck. I'll run over a kid or a grandma.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Somewhere in the middle. I tend to notice the a-holes who park sideways or across the lines so I can't open my door park close to the front. So I usually park about halfway, where cars are starting to thin out.
  • _Stampede55_
    _Stampede55_ Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I park as far away as possible. I don't know why....never really liked parking in a crowded spot.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I pick a lane. Drive down it, if I don't see anything on the first lane I drive down, I pick the next available spot I see.

JM
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I have good parking karma and always gt spots up front. It has nothing to do with laziness that I want up close and more to do with the small sinvelling trolls I have to take into said store with me.

What is it with children they can be super awesome loving fun creatures UNTIL its time to do a errand.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I park in the far end or in the middle.

If I'm going to Walmart, I look for the best spot in the lot...the best, best spot...in the lot.
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I drive a truck and i always purposely park where I can pull through so I dont have to back it up haha
    but I must say I get a kick out of the people I hear walking into the gym saying "oh my gosh theres no parking Im so far away"
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Im in the states now (have been a long time) and I am always shocked by people fighting over the closest parking spots.

After walking or biking a mile into town for groceries, THEN carrying them home, (In the UK) I was ..amazed at the insanity.

I kinda miss the 2 mile bike ride (stationary doesn't count) into town and back
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I park wherever the tree can offer me the most shade.
  • pondmermaid
    pondmermaid Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Like to park far away so it makes me walk a bit.
  • AmberB519
    AmberB519 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I like to park far out in the lot, with no other cars on either side of me.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Depends on the time of day. During the day I park pretty far away so I can walk. But at night, I park as close as possible. For safety reasons. I guess I'm just paranoid like that.
  • sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I try to park somewhere in the middle where I think that some moron won't park next to me and ding my car and/or make it hard for me to pull out of the space. Though, I do try to get closer if it's raining since I REALLY don't like walking far in the rain.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    I get what my wife terms "rock star parking", meaning the closest spot to wherever we are going. Almost always. Pisses my wife off to no end. :bigsmile:
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    During the summer in Houston, the best parking is not the spot that is closest to the door, it's the spot in the shade.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    End spot. Always the last in the line, which is often WAY at the outskirts of the lot. Not sure why, but it seems to go along with my need to sit on the aisle on airplanes and in movie theaters. hmmmm.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Definitely further away, where no one else is..ALL THE TIME...pretty much because at school I always have to pull in between two cars and I hate that
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I park near where a cart return is.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i can't park for nothing,anyway!

but, usually,whatever's avalible,i spend 1 to 2 hours in walmart walking around.lol so,it doesnt matter.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    For as long as I've been driving I've always parked in the far away spots. Less chance of people opening their car door and hitting your car and I never minded the walk