How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I have heard different things when it comes to weighing yourself. Every day, once a week, once a month, etc. How often do you weigh yourself and why? I am weighing myself everyday at the moment, but sometimes get discouraged and a bit frustrated if I've seen that I've gone up a pound, or have just stayed stagnant...

Replies

• Angmu7
    Angmu7 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You have to do what feels right for you. If you are getting discouraged doing it daily; don't.

I personally step on the scale every day but I only count Sunday because the scale can go up and down during the week. Why I step on everyday boils down to I like to see how the food I ate/drank work with my body. I really hardly ever think of the number on the scale each morning after stepping off.
  • skinnyflutterby
    skinnyflutterby Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Every Friday. I thought Fridays would be a great day to weigh in.
    That way in camping season if i do damage on the weekends,
    I have time to get back on track.

Counting Calories Forever
    Skinnyflutterby
  • nikkilee09
    Options
    I weigh-in once a week, because they tell you (doing this program) that you are suppose to lose 1-2 pounds a week. So I weigh-in every Monday morning before I eat anything. And, as a result, I find that I alway lose a pound or two every time I weigh-in. :smile:

29347827.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    i way myself approx 2-3 times a week but its only official for me on Saturdays. like others...i weight myself just to see how i am progressing and even whenver i see an increase, it makes me work harder and be more aware/strict.
  • duckiec
    duckiec Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Every other day or so, but only official Monday mornings. While I hope it goes down, I want to be accountable for any weekend damage.
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I posted the same question when I started this a few weeks ago. It is definitely a personal preference. For me, I weigh-in every Thursday morning and this is the weight I add to MFP. I do step on the scale throughout the week, but I don't track those, except for in my head. You'll figure out what works best for you! Good luck on your journey!
  • Jenniflower76
    Jenniflower76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale every morning to see how I'm doing, but I only use a Friday as my "official" check-in weight. I just recently started weight everyday, and its keeping me better in check with how my progress is moving along.
  • joe3166
    joe3166 Posts: 78
    Options
    Once a day or every couple days for seven months then I don't weigh myself for 5 months
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log every morning. Any loss no matter how slight is encouraging, any gain increases my conscious to make good choices throughout that day.
  • BabyNurseJen
    BabyNurseJen Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Every day. Sometimes twice a day. I'm a hugely inquisitive person and I like to see the fluctuations and how they're affected by food, exercise, sleep, etc. I know lots of people think it's a bad habit, but I don't get down on myself because of the number.
  • spunkyjen7
    spunkyjen7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week. Keeps me motivated to stay good all week so I can see the numbers drop.....hopefully.
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Every Friday. I won't say I don't occasionally get curious and hop on the scale in the morning, but I don't take the results to seriously except on Fridays. Those are the ones I log.
  • Henny1987
    Options
    I just started getting consistent with my eating and exercising and I weigh myself every day.
  • jweisshoff
    jweisshoff Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wednesday is my official day to see how my week has gone...but I peek several times during the week. :wink:
  • SASSYSMOM55
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week that way I dont get discouraged if the scale dont move and at the end of the week... its a surprise if I have lost... :smile:
  • missjazzyfe
    Options
    It all depends on the person. I weigh myself every once in a while. I don't make it a habit and I don't have a schedule. I am going to buy a body fat calibrator and measure my progress that way along with measurements.
  • MartinaNYC
    MartinaNYC Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday morning on an empty stomach before going for my run. I would now like to start to weigh myself every other week, since if you weigh yourself too often it's pointless- weighing yourself every day is a no no!!! It will NEVER be accurate!!
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Same day and time once a week. Anymore then that would drive me crazy!
  • TheBigFish711
    Options
    I do every day. It frustrates me when I see I've gained weight from the day before, but in a 7 day stretch, I am always down between 2-3 pounds.
  • srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    I try to do it every Wednesday & Sunday. But sometimes I do it more, but I get mad when I see that I have gained, so I really only count Sundays weight.