Need Help!

Options
Zelinna
Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
I have been privileged enough to have my husband do all the cooking, allowing me to work over-time and get a good work out when I get home.

However, this last week he broke his ankle and had to have surgery. So now that he is on bed-rest for a few weeks, most of the cooking will fall on me and I need help!

I will still need to be working overtime and of course I would still like to work out when I get home, so I need meals that can be made very quickly or that can be made in advance.

Anything goes, except NO DAIRY! Please MFP help me out!

Replies

• nklunk
    nklunk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I love the crock pot.....Put chicken (or whatever) and cook it all day ...add some veggies. Also I do a backed BBQ chicken takes about 45min to bake so I work out during that time I add veggies and rice. I also love tuna patties and kale chips. Another good thing is that tyson ready grill chicken...it can be cooked in the microwave which is awesome. Good luck!!
  • grndmadeb56
    grndmadeb56 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/
    this is a great site to find recipes!
  • Rosytakesoff
    Options
    I second the crock pot, and if you don't have a pressure cooker, get one. That and a crockpot are lifesavers.

I throw a pork loin in the crock pot and cover it with mexican seasoned tomatoes and a little water. Cook all day and just make some veggies to go with when I come home. ( I don't eat rice or pasta). This works with beef and chicken too.

You can also make a great pot roast in the crockpot or some chili--chicken, beef, or vegetarian.
  • lgwilliams77
    Options
    Making this right now while at work - MOJO PORK, yellow rice, black beans, white onions AND it is cheap

Pork Boneless Loin Country Style Pork Ribs, 4 oz 140 0 5 24
    Goya - Mojo Criollo Marinade, 2 tbs 10 2 0 0

Mahatma - Saffron Yellow Rice, 0.5 Cup Cooked 100 22 1 2
    Goya - Black Beans Premium Drained Rinsed, 1/4 Cup 45 10 0 4

I marinated the pork in Mojo last night and threw it in the crock pot this am. I trimmed the fat off those chops also.

You can do the same with BBQ sauce just not as healthy.
  • chette78
    chette78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I agree, you may want to get acquainted with your wonderful, my best friend, CrockPot...Or Sometimes i like to call Crackpot...

There are so many delicious wonderful quick, healthy, and easy recipes out there...so you can still do it all...

Here is one of my Favorites....

Chicken---cut up fryer chicken...
    Salsa---any kind...

Thats it...I even put the chicken in frozen

2 min delicious meal... Then I just cook some Steaqm fresh Broccoli and make a quick salad...Dinner!
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Answer! You are welcome and no charge for that :laugh:

shepherd-center-cooking.jpg
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I have a crock pot and will try it for tomorrow's dinner...