Spaghetti Blognese

Options
Does anyone know how much spaghetti, i.e. ounces, for a normal meal? The calculator tells me the calories, but not the weight.

Replies

• langurmonkey
    Options
    50g for a small portion, 90g for a standard portion.
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    2 oz of dried pasta or 4 of cooked...
  • Bug207
    Bug207 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you about the bolognese sauce, but the serving size for just plain, dry pasta noodles is 56 grams which is just under 2 ounces. For most pasta brands, it comes out to about 200 calories, 1g fat, and 41g carbs.
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Many thanks to you both for your speedy replies :smile:
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Whenever I use pasta (fresh or dried) I measure out between 75-100 grams - 75 if I want to reduce my portion sizes, but 100 seems to be the norm in terms of what packets/recipes think people will eat.

As you specifically mention ounces, a quick google seems to suggest between 2.6-3.5 ounces - but please do check for yourself as I don't typically use ounces for that.
    HTH.
  • sannsk
    sannsk Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I always eat 70g of wholegrain pasta and it's just enough for me.

My sauce is meatless though, Less calories :)
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Bolognese Sauce! Have you ever tried it over steamed and mashed cauliflower or spaghetti squash? :love:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    If you're looking at a specific entry in the MFP database for spaghetti bolognese, and it doesn't say how much pasta is used, then I wouldn't trust the calorie count. It could vary hugely, depending on how you make it. A lot of the entries in the database have been added by people using their own recipes, and may not even use the "standard" portion of pasta. It would be more accurate to break it down into the amount of pasta you are using, and the amount of sauce. If you're making the sauce from scratch, then logging all the ingredients by weight would be the most accurate.
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Bolognese Sauce! Have you ever tried it over steamed and mashed cauliflower or spaghetti squash? :love:

It is heaven on spaghetti squash!!! Even over some stir fried cbbage!!!