81 Pounds is so much to lose, but 45 are gone so far

Options
sandobr1
sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
I am always inspired by posts here with amazing success; since my final success story will not occur for many months I thought I’d share a little more then halfway success. Feel free to skip my endless post, pics are below :smile:

Stats:
5’ 7”
SW: 231 – that I know, think it was a bit higher
CW: 186.2
GW: 150 – and perhaps 10-15 beyond that, will see when I get there

I have lost a about 23 inches, from bust, hips, waist, arms, legs and neck. The weight loss so far has mostly been from my thighs to my stomach (below the bust area) and now I feel like it is coming off my bust, arms, legs.

My biggest challenges and changes, number one portion control and random snacking. My portions had become epic, even healthier meals became huge eating fests, I could make a meal that serves 8-10 and my husband, small child and I would eat it all, plus bread, salad, etc. Snacking, mainly salty snacks like chips, I could eat a family bag size of chips in a day if I really felt like it. The other weakness was cereal, any kind, I could eat ½ a box in a sitting any time of day, even before dinner. Sweets and chocolate while I like then they are not my weakness, they could rot in the house before I eat them all. I’d rather eat a plate of nachos then chocolate. In addition to all this drinking a ton of Diet Pepsi, which for me went hand in hand with overeating.

What I do and have done, portion control via weighing and measuring, though more and more I am weighing in grams. I keep salty snacks to a minimum in the house and actually allow for some along the way, or work to find healthier alternatives to satisfy this. I eat more or less the same, everything in moderation. Add to this plain old willpower and determination, and the desire to cut off any health issues that can arise to obesity, as I am now over 40 reducing this risk is hugely motivating. This is also day 10 of no diet soda/carbonated beverages, started reducing after the first of the year.

In the beginning I blindly followed calorie recommendations from MFP for losing 2 pounds a week, I knew this would be attainable in the early few weeks/months of losing. As calories readjusted down to a point in the 1200’s this was no longer satisfying, losses were slowing and I was hungry all the time. This coincided with the holidays so I used “In Place Of a Road Map” and calculated (many times to get it right) my TDEE and ate “around” that during the holidays with the goal to cut from that after the holidays, I am actually still playing with calories usually around 1400-1700 though I am losing still, more slowly then the early days.

I lost the first 30-38 pounds with very little exercise, just trying to simply move more, walks, roller skating, some home workouts, yoga, 30DS. I have joined the YMCA and now taking a deep water exercise class 3x a week and spinning 1x a week. I will be working with a trainer to learn weights over the next 8-10 weeks. Tomorrow I will go solo to do on the weight machines with a routine that was worked out for me. I have done some practice for two sessions, so adding lifting 2-3x a week. Combining still with walking, roller skating and home workouts, This is mix and match as I continue to find things I like and can stick with, I feel open to try many things and hope to switch it up along the way.

2iqkht.jpg

2gv0dv9.jpg

So that is me so far, I am always up for new pals, if you think you are on a similar path feel free to add me, I have an open diary for friends make most meals and avoid drama. Thanks for looking, every single day I am glad to be on this quest, and thankful I found MFP!

Replies

• craigfinch
    Options
    WOW!!!! awesome transformation,Great job by you keep up the hard work
  • cynbreau
    cynbreau Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Keep up the good work!
  • hinzee4
    hinzee4 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That's a lot! Congrats!!
  • prettymorbidity
    prettymorbidity Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    look at the hour glass figure you got showing up now! heck yeah! way to go!
  • Jribeiro86
    Jribeiro86 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look wonderful!!

Keep it up! :drinker:
  • luckychef13
    luckychef13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great Job! You're helping inspire the rest of us, keep it up!
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You are doing a fantastic job!
  • seamanny
    seamanny Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and by the smile on your face, you must feel great too! Thanks for sharing your inspirational photos along with some information about your journey
  • Dwell4Design
    Dwell4Design Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a difference. Very inspiring. My initial goal is also 150 lbs (I will readjust that goal when I get there) but this is very helpful. Portion control is a challenge and I completely understand the need to weigh and measure. You are going strong. I heard a great quote: "Bad habits are hard to break, but so are good ones." Way to stick with it!
  • RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing.... i have a long way to go... my total goal is between 75-100 and I've lost 10 so far... so that I wouldn't feel overwhelmed I decided to break my ticker into smaller goals as I was finding it too disheartening to see how far away I was lol.... thanks so much for sharing... huge transformation already & you look amazing!
  • ginabryan
    Options
    Your looking amazing and thanks for the motivation from those of us just getting started. It shows that there is hope out on that horizon somewhere!
    I too am trying to break the snacking habit and control portions. I rarely have time for a sitdown meal and when I do, it is interrupted by work and or family needs. But I'm determined not to give up this time!
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great and are such an inspiration. Congrats thus far!
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a difference. Very inspiring. My initial goal is also 150 lbs (I will readjust that goal when I get there) but this is very helpful. Portion control is a challenge and I completely understand the need to weigh and measure. You are going strong. I heard a great quote: "Bad habits are hard to break, but so are good ones." Way to stick with it!

Thank you, yes weigh everything and never eyeball, amazing how a 4 ounce potato changes sizes (getting bigger) when I don't weigh it.

Also realizing that a serving size on a package is not always accurate, if it says 1/2 cup or 50 grams, measure a 1/2 cup in could be 53 grams (or whatever just made that up). You are now eating more calories then you may have planned or budgeted, I think in the begin for me those few here and there were not a problem, as I get closer to goal, in matters more.

Also bananas, I always just guessed small medium or large, however by grams it can vary a lot.
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!!!!
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Congrats!
  • rodafer
    rodafer Posts: 63
    Options
    You are awesome! Keep it up you hottie!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look amazing! Congrats! That is a great accomplishment. Can't wait to see your next post when you hit your goal.
  • mollylookalike
    mollylookalike Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! :)
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! Looking good!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up....you are on your way!!!!!! :drinker:
  • lovinglifemore
    lovinglifemore Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic! very inspiring...keep up the awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!