help-dumbbelles / lifting

Options
ok so i bought myself some dumbbelles with 1.25 and 2.5kg weights to put on, since i am a total beginner and have zero strenght i think thats enough for the beginnin, i will buy heavier ones once ill be ready fo it.

sooooooo where i need help is, what are some good workouts to do?

i googled/youtubed some, id like to know what are the ones you are doin, and if there is a difference between the ones a woman should do and the ones men do (its ridicilous how much more videos of men doin it are in youtube than women- are really so many afraid to look like arnold or what? damn) or can i do them all?

confused since im a newbie in this field :=)

Replies

• blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Why is there a difference?
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    go on bodybuilding.com, or do the normal squats, lunges with weights. Or New Rules of Lifting has a couple of dumbbell exercises
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    go on bodybuilding.com, or do the normal squats, lunges with weights. Or New Rules of Lifting has a couple of dumbbell exercises

^^^^ This

Also, why should it make a difference if a guy or girl does the lifting? I seem to recall from anatomy, barring a few differences, men and women are basically the same when it comes to muscles.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    FYI you will never look like Arnold unless you're injecting some serious testosterone into your body