JUST DANCE!!

Options

Replies

• learning2bfit
    learning2bfit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I bought Just Dance yesterday...gonna try it out this evening!
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I was just looking it up
    To break that down, that is roughly:
    6 calories a minute
    96 calories in 15 minutes
    190 calories in 30 minutes
    380 calories in 1 hour
    570 calories in 1½ hours
    760 calories in 2 hours

they said probably more if you weigh more then 120 but roughly about that
    im slightly not convinced because that would mean i lose more doing that then going on the treadmill
    its to fun to lose that many calories!!! lol
    proud mary keep on rollin!
  • tmoran8403
    tmoran8403 Posts: 6
    Options
    I just had a baby and had a c-section, so exercises like running are still a little painful. So I've been doing Just Dance on the Wii everyday, all I know is I'm doing 30 minutes each day right now and by the end of that I'm dripping with sweat! Also...when you are switching songs and waiting for it to load I either march in place or walk around the room for that minute so that I don't stop moving the whole half hour.:smile:
  • Ellenorm
    Ellenorm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm curious I had heard about JUST DANCE for the Wii here on MFP. I don't know how many calories I burned but what I do know is that I was averaging about 500 steps a song. Does anyone know how to figure out the amount of calories burned and how would I log this into my excercise journal. All I know for sure is that I am working up a sweat and having a blast doing it..any suggestions, thoughts or comments would be appreciated! :)

Hello MFP's help is at hand! (I hope) this is based on a just dance 2 program called just sweat. ( which I just did at intense mode)
    I have found out that 4.2 sweat points = 1 calorie so based on this I have found out how much each program burns. I really hope this helps!

Mild Program (1 song a day) - 300 points per day is about 72 calories
    Tough Program (3 songs a day) - 1000 points per day is about 238 calories
    Intense Program (6 songs a day) - 2000 points per day is about 476 calories
  • Raven101312
    Options
    I've been doing Just Dance 2 as well, and I am really confused about the calorie count. I googled it, and I also found a lot of people saying that 4.2 sweat points = 1 calorie. Today I burned 1,866 sweat points which is equal to 444 calories. But going by Myfitnesspal, it said if I dance for 30 minutes, I'm only burning around 200. Big difference! I don't know which one is right?
  • patisplace
    Options
    I sweat as much as if I were doing the Wii boxing so that's a good comparison. But just using general dancing works, too.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I wear a heart rate monitor when I do just dance. Its the only way to be accurate.
  • I've been playing non-stop.

Here's a couple stats about myself I'm 5"6 and 142lbs...

I got a heart rate monitor so that I can see how many calories I burn playing this FUN game...

I burned 562 in an hour!!!

Get the game and a HRM it's totally worth it!!!!

I have Just Dance 3 and will DEFINITELY be ordering the other ones!!!!
  • crazyda79
    crazyda79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    We recently got Just Dance 3 for the Playstation 3 Move and absolutely love it. I play about 2-3 hours a day. Oh so much fun, best way to exercise without feeling like a chore!!
  • ljb82
    ljb82 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Here's an interesting tidbit of an article about Dancing... :flowerforyou:

"Reason to Put on Your Dancing Shoes
    Treadmills and exercise bikes are great ways to get in shape, but your body can quickly get used to the technique—meaning you begin to see fewer results over time. Dancing, however, is multi-directional and forces your muscles to move in new ways. If you’re doing the foxtrot, you’re taking long, graceful steps backwards, for example—a move you’d never make running on a treadmill. By working your muscles in new ways, dancing can help you get over or prevent that dreaded plateau (when you stop getting results from your fitness routine). "

The whole article can be read at:
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=850

Interesting info. Thanks for sharing!! I own Just Dance 3 and it is fun (even my 7 year old daughter is into it :)
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I would take 700 cals to heart...I am probably wrong but that seems super high...

Yeah, when I log it I make sure to count it by song length, not just the time I spent playing total. A lot of it is selecting songs, waiting for things to change, etc. I guess there is a shuffle mode, so there is a chance you could be playing 60 minutes straight...
  • pattyc10
    pattyc10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hear it's 20 calories a song.
  • AnjellaRose_GF_SillyYak
    Options
    I have the first one am I accurate at 380 an hour?
  • loriband
    loriband Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I log it under general dancing.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I must be in them minority.. I have all 3 and don't like doing them for workouts. I don't mind the songs just hate the dance moves.. I am hooked on Zumba..more hip hop for me.. My kids like just dance though..
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Go here and see if this will help you.

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

ohhh love this!!! thank you for shariing!!
  • misspastry
    misspastry Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love it soo much! When you do the cardio sweat it tells you in the lefthand corner of the screen how many calories you are burning,
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'd invest in a HRM.

Also sidenote, if you enjoy just dance, you should try Zumba for the wii. Zumba Core is my favorite version, but Zumba fitness 2 is also fun. I hear its a better workout than just dance, but I haven't played just dance yet so I dont know. I do know the zumba game I average about 100 calories per 10 mins (which is roughly 3-4 songs)
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Used my hrm i weigh approx 180 and played for 60 minutes with my kids only break was between songs and burnt 396 for 60 min. We have fun so it doesn;t feel like I am working out.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I like the Just Dance too. I also march in place inbetween songs I feel like I get a good burn, I have a game called "Walk it out" I bought on Amazon. You walk to the beat of the music. For each step thats on beat you get a point. With the points you build a town. Pretty current music.