So whats the big deal about Dr. Dre headphones?

Options
2»

Replies

• wrests
    wrests Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I had the Dr. Dre active buds that I got as a gift. They made my iPhone go all wacky...it would activate Siri for no reason. Or place calls without pushing a button. I returned those headphones and with the credit I chose Boze earbuds.....they fit much better and have decent sound. I wouldnt pay for those either....they're not much better than my cheap headphones from target...lol
    Man that used to happen all the time to my phone! I had an Android phone, but whenever I had earbuds it'd go crazy and start making calls..I wonder what the crap THAT'S all about!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of 400$ Shure earbuds, but my husband got them for cost when he worked at an electronics place. I use them on the plane and they block out all other noise without having to have the volume loud. I didn't even know such good earphones existed before I had them.
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    We bought a pair for my partners boy for xmas. They are slim. He was a prem baby and is small for his age. He wears these and they sit well on his smaller size head and he fits in with the other kids. We found the cheaper brands to be bulky and they would have made his head look like they were being eaten by head phones.
  • kosac
    kosac Posts: 1
    Options
    The way I sweat is like turning on a faucet. I use skullcandy's earbuds (19.99) and put a sweat band around my head to keep them from falling out. I replace them maybe once a year, they usually get damaged on my way to work going through the turnstile to get on the subway.
    Beats by Dre are great for relaxing at home. Every time I see someone wearing them in public I get an urge to mug them but hold it back..
    I'm 43 and have been listening to Dre since NWA, so thinking that people over 30 wouldn't know who he was is absolutely ridiculous or what products he's produced and who he has made famous. You youngbucks are the ones that are clueless.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I've heard they're supposed to help cancel noise, but that they don't do it all that well.

I just use Gummi ear buds. But ear buds can be really uncomfortable for some people or fall out.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    The way I sweat is like turning on a faucet. I use skullcandy's earbuds (19.99) and put a sweat band around my head to keep them from falling out. I replace them maybe once a year, they usually get damaged on my way to work going through the turnstile to get on the subway.
    Beats by Dre are great for relaxing at home. Every time I see someone wearing them in public I get an urge to mug them but hold it back..
    I'm 43 and have been listening to Dre since NWA, so thinking that people over 30 wouldn't know who he was is absolutely ridiculous or what products he's produced and who he has made famous. You youngbucks are the ones that are clueless.

Plus it's the over 30 crowd (as a general rule) who can afford to spend more on brand-name headphones.