women who carry their weight in the midsection?!

Options

Replies

• remisenforme
    remisenforme Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I just want to print all these pics and put them on my fridge. :)

Haha I know!
  • cupbearer1
    cupbearer1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When I'm relaxing in a laying down position, I tighten my lower abdomen as tightly as I can, breathing as normally as possible in the stomach area. At first it was really hard, but after several days I could tell a big difference. I do this morning and evening increasing the longevity and tightness of the exercise. I've lost only 6 pounds so far, but in the right place. People are noticing.
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Someone got mad at me in a discussion last week because I suggested in might be unrealistic for women to strive to have a 6-pack. But truthfully, we're supposed to have more fat in our midsections and it's extremely hard to remove it. I'm down to 108 pounds, and I'm starting to look too skinny in some places, but I still have a belly that won't go away. I eat healthfully and do cardio and core work, so there's not much more I can do. I've come to accept the fact that it's just part of being female. :)

What is your bodyfat %? if you are mearly loosing weight, not specifically fat - then you will probably NEVER see a six pack. seeing ur abs isn't about been low weight it's about being lean - i'm just under 20% and i'm JUST now starting to see my obliques. I've been less tho & seen my top two popping out - i think once i get to around 15% i'll be able to see my abs clearly.
  • Nancy_AZ60
    Nancy_AZ60 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I carry 90% of my weight in the middle.. I am the poster woman for an 'APPLE'. I have slim leggs but a huge tummy.. It measures larger than when I was 9 months pregnant. I have a very short waist. I may have 3 inches from the bottom of my ribcage to to top of my hip bone.. So long story short it is really unhealthy to carry weight here. Anyone else with this issue? How do you deal with this & what exercised can I do for this area?
  • Goddesskat
    Goddesskat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration. I carry all the weight in my mid section and wondered about the weight loss. I've lost 23 lbs. now and still have that roll in the back, which has come down to two instead of three and the thick middle still. The rest of me is getting smaller. I found a picture of me from a year ago christmas and I was surprised at what I looked like. I'll just keep plugging along here and wait for the miracle to happen. I think I'm just a little too impatient with myself sometimes. :smile:
  • woahitsangie
    woahitsangie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You guys are all so great! LOVE HANDLES are the devil... lemme tell ya..
  • Sheri3182
    Sheri3182 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • bamshunny
    bamshunny Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm not done yet but here is my progress since December

08845cbc-b966-409e-95f3-d98a02dd6a49_zpsdea8010b.jpg
  • pkdarlin
    pkdarlin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I'm not done yet but here is my progress since December

08845cbc-b966-409e-95f3-d98a02dd6a49_zpsdea8010b.jpg

Wow! Impressive, especially in such a short amount of time!
  • bamshunny
    bamshunny Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thank you Rhonnie!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    A bit bloated from TOM in my after pic but here we go
    Before & After (Jan 1 - Feb 19)
    19593344_3472.jpg

Before (Day 8):
    2r3v68w.jpg

Yesterday:
    19593344_5721.jpg
  • woahitsangie
    woahitsangie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    bump
  • zumbajheri
    zumbajheri Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing ladies! 5'4" been called pregnant too many times in my life! I started close to 170# (I ignored the scale at first, I didn't wanna know!) Now I'm at 162# and am hoping to get down to 125-130. This is the heaviest I've ever been and I've not had children. I plan to have a six pack before doing any family planning! Turning 30, now 31 really made me think that i can't waste my youth, I gotta go after this now while i still have elastin and collagen to make the skin go back nicely. Thanks got the diet input ladies I'm going to cut down on my sugar and carbs.
  • unicorn1081
    unicorn1081 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hey Divas! loving this thread! I had to add. so i took a few minutes and put a couple comparison pics together. as far as what I am doing, I love Zumba, and I love to weight train. as far as food, I eat what I want, but in moderation. I have learned to make this a lifestyle change, not just a few month thing. I'm almost done with my stomach. I believe I will be buying my first bikini this summer!

fc850935-81f9-4b75-acb2-2f2d33c8efe5.jpg

d7d28837-66b5-4eae-8c96-99c5b0a498f8.jpg
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Link got broken
    19593344_7257.jpg
  • Luvstrukme
    Luvstrukme Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • caligulala
    caligulala Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but make sure you are stretching. Lots of people have SUPER tight midsections. Stretching increases blood flow to the area and can help move away any built up lymph. Which looks jiggly like fat, but is actually your body's waste products that haven't been moved out. Spinal twist, crescent stretch and the thoracic stretch are all good ones and you can do them while relaxing in the evening. Easiest exercises ever!
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sherrysheffer
    Options
    Can anyone elaborate on how to get bmi for a powerlifter
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!