Best Exercises to Improve Mood

Options
The dreary winter weather has got me down. Are there any exercises that can help boost my mood?

Replies

• RobinC37
    RobinC37 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I like to do vinyasa (flow) yoga. You can find some 20-30 minute workouts on YouTube. You get a good stretch in too, and it is very relaxing and grounding.
  • Glowbee
    Glowbee Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I tend to find that the harder I work in cardio, the bigger runner's high I get afterward. My favorite is intervals: sprinting for 30 seconds, jogging for 1 minute, for about 20-30 minutes. If you have time, Yoga afterwards where you can concentrate on breathing and mental reflection and appreciation is fantastic. Feel better soon!
  • liftreadphilosophize
    Options
    I find that I have to do way more cardio in the winter in order to boost my mood, rather than just focusing on weight training. Find some cardio activity you legitimately enjoy (I love Turbo Jam and other forms of kickboxing) and make sure to incorporate it into your weekly routine as often as you need. I try for five times a week in the winter, with yoga on the weekends.
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite of the last poster. Heavy lifting is the best way to improve my mood.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    sex
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Whatever makes you feel happy! Seriously. Sometimes just a walk in the sunshine. Whatever you FEEL like doing:)
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Couldn't have picked a better day to find this thread! Off to Youtube....
  • jfsears
    jfsears Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yoga and pilates, you feel energized at the end and more calm and centered and your body feels more balanced from all of the wonderful stretching.
  • dreilingda
    dreilingda Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    The 12 oz. curl.