Vegan Black Bean Soup

Options
amandanilo
amandanilo Posts: 62 Member
I LOVE this soup..and there are only a few main ingredients. It's very filling and full of protein.
I make big batches of this so I can bring it to work or have as leftovers for dinner.
Another great thing is that it tastes great cold, too...as a dip. It thickens up and becomes a great dip.

3 29oz cans of Black Beans
3 Carrots - chopped
3 Celery stalks - chopped
3 Cloves of Garlic (I use more because I love garlic) - chopped
1/2 Shallot - chopped
Olive Oil
Cumin
Cilantro
Sea Salt
Pepper

In a pot or dutch oven, heat a little olive oil in a pan and add 2 chopped carrots and 2 chopped celery stalks. Let these cook for a couple minutes and then add in the chopped garlic and shallot. Season with sea salt, pepper, and a dash of cumin. Add about 1tsp of chopped fresh cilantro.

Let this saute for a bit until the shallots and garlic get a little brown (not burnt!) then add 1 can of drained beans. Cook for a few minutes to let the beans absorb the other ingredients and flavor.

In a blender or food processor, puree 2 cans of black beans, a dash of cumin, 1 carrot and 1 celery stalk. Add this mixture to the pot and mix. Cook on low heat for about 15-20 min.

Occasionally, taste the soup. You may find you need to add a little more sea salt or cumin.

* if the soup seems too thick (which I like), you can add a little veggie broth or water. *

Enjoy!

Replies

• capnlizard
    capnlizard Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Thank you!!!!!! I have been looking for a good black bean soup recipe that didn't call for ham bones, turkey legs, or cream FOREVER!!!!