Super Bowl Party YIKES!

Options
I am dreading this weekends Super Bowl party. Calories, calories & more calories..... I know there is going to be all of my high temptation, super bad foods there and I fear being to weak to resist. Pizza, wings, beer, chips, dips, more chips and oh did I say chips? HELP!! Anyone else feeling the anxiety?

Replies

• AllisonPlease
    AllisonPlease Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Think ahead. Maybe plan a meal and a few snacks that won't be so bad. Sometimes I calorie count ahead of time that way i know first hand what I'm dealing with. For Instance Ive already decided that I'm going to make dark chocolate covered strawberries for Sunday, this way I can get a little dessert w/o feeling too bad! Also Im for sure going to hit the gym in the morning! You can do it!!
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I am trying to plan my eating ahead of time for the superbowl, so that I don't lose a day or two of progress from over indulging. I had a cheat day last Saturday and I don't want to make it a habit. I had a hard time not cheating for a couple of days afterwords. The urges to make poor eating choices were strong following the cheat day.
  • Cindygutie
    Cindygutie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Definetely work out in the morning if you can - and Pre-log like Allison said. If i know many calories my wing have, im less likely to eat 6 and go with more like 3. good luck!
  • maritzarazo
    Options
    Thank you, for the suggestions. I will have to workout in the morning for sure, plus I looked up Patron Tequila 1 oz. is only 69 calories. So I decided to skip the beer & cocktails. I will take a shot of tequila throughout the day & drink 0 cal iced tea. As for the main food, Ay yaya y.... (yes I'm Mexican, this is a latin expression of Oh geeeesh) Main meal is gonna have to be a salad of some sort. I will bring healthy options to the party, plant my booty on the couch with a bowl of veggies instead of chips :)
  • tallgirlshelley
    tallgirlshelley Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to go skiing all day, so that I can enjoy most of the food/drink involved with the festivities of the game. I've been working really hard, so I'll be ok with splurging a little.