• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I messed with a recipe I found online until I got a taste I liked:

1 can black beans - rinsed
    6 TB unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1/2 C natural peanut butter
    1/2C cocoa powder
    1 1/3C brown sugar (I tried the batter at a half cup and didn't like it. I made a batch with 1 cup, but that little extra made it really good)
    1tsp salt
    1tsp baking powder
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 C whole oats

Put the beans in a food processor until they're creamy, add the other ingredients one at a time until well mixed. Add the oats for just about 10 seconds at the very end. Pour into a greased 9x9 pan and cook at 375 for 30 minutes.

They're over 100 calories each, BUT have decent protein and fiber count, so they're really filling.

I second chocolatecoveredkatie. The white bean deep dish cookie recipe is amazing.
  • doodlebug7531
    Options
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Low-Fat-Brownies

I just made these last week and they were awesome! Makes a 9x13 pan with 24 servings. Way too much temptation to leave them in the pan, so I put them in freezer bags and we are able to pull one out when we want one. On the website it says that they are 124 calories, 1 gram of fat, and 27 carbs. But when I put them into the recipe calculator here they came up 90 calories, 0 grams of fat, and 21 carbs. Maybe it's the brands I used?
  • Abi_bug04
    Options
    Oh wow!!!

SO many great ideas! Sounds like it will be a fun month of trying them all out and finding my favorites!

Thanks for sharing, everyone! :)
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    1 box of chocolate cake mix dry
    1 can of canned pumpkin
    Mix and Bake @ 350 for 45 or so. Makes 24 brownies.
    .....Great taste

I add Flax seed & Raw Wheat Germ to mine. 94 calories for one :happy:
  • TrishLG
    TrishLG Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You might try a smaller piece of a really great brownie.
    Just a little of the good stuff is the way to go.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Brownies are my absolute weakness- and I simply can't live without them!
    I was wondering if anyone had seen or tried a really good brownie recipe that was <100cal for a serving (and also delicious!).

Thanks so much!!

Abi :)

I have used the box mixes and substituted unsweetened applesauce for the oil. They come out at exactly 100 calories each.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Take your existing brownie recipe
    1 cup of oil called for (butter, margarine, olive oil, vegetable oil,etc roughly 2000 calories)
    replace / substitute ALL of that on a 1:1 basis with Apple sauce or canned pumpkin
    Apple sauce 200 calories, only 10% of what the oil gives
    Pumpkin 1 cup = 100 calories... 5% of what the oil gives calorie wise.

That alone saves a good chunk of calories and the applesauce / pumpkin does the same thing for the recipe the oil was.
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Take your existing brownie recipe
    1 cup of oil called for (butter, margarine, olive oil, vegetable oil,etc roughly 2000 calories)
    replace / substitute ALL of that on a 1:1 basis with Apple sauce or canned pumpkin
    Apple sauce 200 calories, only 10% of what the oil gives
    Pumpkin 1 cup = 100 calories... 5% of what the oil gives calorie wise.

That alone saves a good chunk of calories and the applesauce / pumpkin does the same thing for the recipe the oil was.

HA! Great minds.... :flowerforyou:
  • annascrapper
    annascrapper Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    GOTTA TRY EM ALL...
  • imadyer
    imadyer Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Vegan Black Bean Brownies...yum!
  • shadowlydarkness
    shadowlydarkness Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I use a normal brownie recipe from the Edmonds baking/cookbook here in New Zealand.
    All I do it replace the sugar for splenda and I only add about half the reccommended chocolate,
    I also have experimented using wholemeal flour instead of white flour, but it is up to you.

I would suggest to just experiment and try out different things.
    I love baking and I love making brownies from scratch, I just cut them up in nice small portions
    and freeze them. That way when I want to eat them I cannot be bothered to defrost them, and I wont eat them.
    I do normally take one to work that will defrost in my lunchbox and is ready to eat during my break,
    just so I have something yummy and sweet to enjoy during the day without feeling the urge to go to the vending machine :)

Feel free to message me for the recipe if you want to use mine
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kmk_natasha
    Options
    Fiber One brownies are pretty good and not a bad snack option.
  • jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    bump