Optimum calorie intake

Options
Hi All
I've been on the tesco diets 'Renew' plan for around 5 weeks on 1200 cals a day and lost around half a stone. I'm 129lbs, 160cm tall, and looking to lose maybe another 10lb, but my wieghtloss seems to have halted the last weeks or two despite me sticking to the diet and exercising. My exercise consists of one intense gym session per week and two ashtanga yoga classes (also pretty intense), and am sedentary for most of the day.

I've been reading up on BMR etc, and it seems that I should be eating around 1400 for weightloss.
So should I increase my 1200 allowance?
I've tried the last 3 days, but finding it quite hard to eat more as I'm just not hungry. I also haven't lost any weight since (I usually drop at least a quarter to half a pound when i'm on a diet).

Any help appreciated to lose this last 10lb!

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Set your goal to lose 0.5lb a week. When you dont' have a lot left to lose you have to have a smaller deficit... too large of a deficit will not help you.

You lose slower when you don't have alot left to lose.. it is just how it happens as your body is less likely to give up the weight.
  • sarahsamuels82
    sarahsamuels82 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ok, and put my activity level as moderate or something? It's very frustrating! :)
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Put your activity level as lightly active unless you have a more active life (not including extra exercise you do). So a more active life would include walking/moving a lot at work... walking kids to school.. walking the dog.. normal cleaning you do at work or at home.. etc. Than add in the exercise you do and eat those calories back as well.

With those last 10lbs they will come off pretty slowly so don't get upset... just keep at it and you will be fine!