Ok...I get the whole not heating up fish at work thing...

Options
Vain_Witch
Vain_Witch Posts: 476 Member
But I seriously just got yelled at for heating up BROCCOLI!!!

Replies

• nightdragon70
    nightdragon70 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    That's just crazy... if they are going to offer a microwave for you guys why put restrictions on it ??
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I eat cans of salmon and tuna all the time at my work...
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    People need to get over the office microwave smell deal... everyone eats something someone else doesn't like. Grow up.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    Then there's the popcorn all damn day. Makes me want to live off buttered microwaved popcorn. The smell is nosgasmic.
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    The thing I don't like is the people who haven't mastered how to use a microwave... In the past year I think we've had to evacuate 5 times because someone burnt popcorn in the microwave. The smoke and fire detectors are so sensitive that they go off every time some idiot can't figure out how to cook with a microwave. It happened again yesterday, I honestly hope that they ban popcorn.

Couldn't care less if someone cooks something smelly for lunch, it's their choice.
  • nightdragon70
    nightdragon70 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    No popcorn here please.. everyone burns it and then that burnt popcorn smell lasts for hours.. UGH
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    Thats because broccoli is vegetable personification of pure evil. I will not rest until it has been eradicated from the face of the earth.
    That and it stinks.

Besides, where do you find time to eat with all the creeping your doing today?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    oh yeah there are some things just too smelly to do around others. Tuna was banned in my house growing up due to my sister not even heating up, just opening the can got me yelled at.
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Cans of tuna are the worst. If I bring tuna for lunch I make sure to throw the can in the outside garbage because it just smells nasty. Boiled eggs are another terrible smell in the office.
  • Vain_Witch
    Options
    The burnt popcorn smell DOES last forever!

Personally, the smell of coffee makes me want to gag...doesn't mean I'm going to request an office wide ban on it!

People need to get over themselves.

Sorry, but I workout on my lunchbreaks. I eat my lunch at my desk afterwards...I'd never be allowed to eat if I took a poll to see what food didn't irritate someone else in a 70 person office!
  • joe3166
    joe3166 Posts: 78
    Options
    I would think that it's their problem, not yours
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options

Personally, the smell of coffee makes me want to gag...doesn't mean I'm going to request an office wide ban on it!

Sorry, but I workout on my lunchbreaks. I eat my lunch at my desk afterwards...I'd never be allowed to eat if I took a poll to see what food didn't irritate someone else in a 70 person office!

Simple, don't eat and you won't have to work out. :smokin:
  • joe3166
    joe3166 Posts: 78
    Options
    as you can see I would never say anything bad about fish :happy:
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I heated up left over salmon fillet for lunch today. Screw 'em.
  • Vain_Witch
    Options

Simple, don't eat and you won't have to work out. :smokin:

Well, damn! Why didn't I think of that?! :laugh:
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You think people complain when you heat up broccoli? Try brussels sprouts! lol. I had someone come in one time to our break room when i was heating up my lunch of chicken and brussels sprouts and say "Is there a baby's poopy diaper in here?!" :/

Talk about ruining someone's appetite.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    People need to get over the office microwave smell deal... everyone eats something someone else doesn't like. Grow up.

THIS
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    The guy that cooks bacon in the microwave here ticks me off. Not because of the smell, but because it is against the laws of nature to cook bacon in a microwave!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    You think people complain when you heat up broccoli? Try brussels sprouts! lol. I had someone come in one time to our break room and say "Is there a baby's poopy diaper in here?!" :/

Talk about ruining someone's appetite.

I was eating potato leek soup that I had made and this woman came over and asked what the heck smelled like crap. I looked at her and said "Thank you so much for telling my my lunch smells like pooh." She was embarrassed.
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    oh, and a lot of times, I have to eat my food in classes now, at college campus, and i eat tuna, hard boiled eggs and fish...plus strong garlic seasoned stuff...i have thought numerous times about not eating it because it is offensive to them, but people are right on this thread-people need to get over themselves.

you gotta eat!