suggestions for GPS apps for smart phones

Options
My garmin watch just died, so until I get it fixed or get a new one, I need to track miles and time run on my smart phones. Any suggestions for good FREE apps for your smart phone? I don't need any fancy, mainly interested in time spent running and distance covered.

Replies

• hadriankubasiewicz
    Options
    Endomondo its ok, auto import training to FP
  • geekgirl71
    geekgirl71 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Love Map My Run, just started using the Nike + app, but I've used MMR for over 2 years now & it's never let me down. Wouldn't go on a run without it, even with my new Nike app running too. I like the Nike app, but I've only used it about 4 times and it hasn't logged 2 of those 4 times so I'm sticking with MMR.
  • kchang77
    kchang77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Runtastic is what I've been using. I like it especially since it links with MFP.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I use Cardio Tracker (free version). It doesn't always do a great job when I walk the tunnels downtown where I work ,as it can't always get a signal, but it has easy entry for me to manually add those walks. I love that it tracks milesby month, so I can check progress toward monthly goal.
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Just to add to the list, before I got my garmin I used runkeeper. It had issues whenever I left the main roads and went into our regional park. It was never really accurate but better than nothing. I am also know to map out my runs using the route tool on runkeeper. That matches with my garmin fairly accurately but takes away the ability to just run without a lot of forethought.
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I've been using endomondo. It allows to me upload my indoor workouts and when I use my garmin on my bike I will upload it to endomondo which links to here.
  • KelBelz22
    KelBelz22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Love Map My Run, just started using the Nike + app, but I've used MMR for over 2 years now & it's never let me down. Wouldn't go on a run without it, even with my new Nike app running too. I like the Nike app, but I've only used it about 4 times and it hasn't logged 2 of those 4 times so I'm sticking with MMR.

Be careful of the Nike + app. My friends and I have used that app and within the past month the app has had glitches and isn't reporting the entire workout. ie. I walked over a mile and the app reported .82 miles when I finished the workout. I like the app for how easy it is, just watch out for issues with the distance