Good Bye Beer

Options
I logged in yesterday to find that the few beers I had over dinner with some of my old school buddies put me seriously over my calorie count for the first time (the chicken wings didn't help either). The worst part was that the little weight calculator on the bottom on the screen actually told me that if I ate like that every day I'd weight 3 lbs MORE than I do right now in five weeks! Yikes! I guess I need to break off my long and wonderful relationship with beer :(
Good bye beer....

Replies

• fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    i also quit drinking beer.:sad: last i had some was new yrs eve, and the rest of the 12 pack is still in the fridge. i couldnt dare pour it out!!! :bigsmile: but im not drinking it. even tho i see it everyday, its not bothering me. now.....when i see chocolate or peanut butter or pizza, i cant resist it like i ignore the beer in the fridge!!!!!!! lol!! when i would drink i would get sooo hungry and id eat everything. i was ordering alot of pizza!!!! :laugh: it was a bad combo for me and it made me gain alot! :mad: good luck saying bye to the beer! :drinker:
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I too have said "bye-bye beer" for the most part. If I do however want a drink, I've been sticking to vodka and soda water with lime. Soda water is zero calories, sugars, carbs, and sodium. If I HAVE to have a drink, that's what it is, just the calories of the vodka, which is waaayyyy less then beer
  • Lusadi
    Lusadi Posts: 79
    Options
    That little calculator gave me a similar wake up call about a week ago! I think that does more to keep me in line than anything else.
  • elcyclista
    elcyclista Posts: 393
    Options
    I don't drink so thats no problemo for me. :]
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Haven't had a beer in 2010. Do like JD or Port with a cigar in the evenings.

Going to give up all alcohol now, though. Had a great weekend for loss and when I try to evaluate why, I realize it's that I didn't drink.
  • drucole
    drucole Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    No alcohol or cogar since 1/9/10! Saving a ton of money and losing weight. Win/Win!