Smaller waist = Fatter Bank Account!

Options
jr1985
jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
Just got my credit card statement for the month... for the past 2 months I've eaten out very little, saved about $100 this month from cooking at home instead of 'treating myself' by going out to eat.

Sadly, the 'extra' money will be going towards an overdue dentist visit since it's not covered on my insurance instead of something fun... but still awesome to see how getting healthy can have positive changes all over the board!

Replies

• ThePersnicketyOtter
    ThePersnicketyOtter Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Great job :) Good luck at the dentist... *shudder*
  • Dxtreme45
    Options
    Way to Go! I started carrying my lunch to work and I know I save a lot of money that way, but I don't ever see my savings. LOL
  • jr1985
    Options
    Great job :) Good luck at the dentist... *shudder*

Thanks... I know I have at least 2 cavities too :( no fun, but needs to be taken care of... glad I have some 'extra' money to help cover it tho.
  • AmberB519
    AmberB519 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Score!! :)
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • improbula
    Options
    Saving money is absolutely awesome! Congrats!
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Just got my credit card statement for the month... for the past 2 months I've eaten out very little, saved about $100 this month from cooking at home instead of 'treating myself' by going out to eat.

Sadly, the 'extra' money will be going towards an overdue dentist visit since it's not covered on my insurance instead of something fun... but still awesome to see how getting healthy can have positive changes all over the board!

That's really wonderful! I just saw the same thing happening as well. Yay! This month it might go to the dentist, but what you'll get out of it in future months...imagine the possibilities!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    truth
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I really thought this was going somewhere else, but congrats on saving money!! :bigsmile:
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Nice! Congrats! It's always nice to save some $$$! ESPECIALLY a sum that large! Keep up the good work!
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAY!!!! Think of all the new clothes! lo :drinker:
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Not to rain on your parade, but just wait until you have to buy new clothes.
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    awesome! At least now you can afford the dentist visit! best of luck to you!
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm talking about!!!! Thats awesome!!!!! CONGRATS! :bigsmile:
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

I see this as a good problem to have! :smile:
  • jr1985
    Options

I see this as a good problem to have! :smile:

haha ditto... starting to get to that point, but fortunately I kept some of the clothes from when I wasn't quite as fat in hopes of returning to them someday as well. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!