Introducing! Just another silly 'youth' trying to get health

Options
Hello There!

I'm Abigail, I'm 21 and am from Sydney, Australia.

I am.. Basically here because I don't like how I look. A year ago I was in much better shape and trying to get my life back into order has taken a toll on my skin, weight and health. I used to Model and now I am too afraid to get infront of a camera because my skin is covered in acne that was atleast manageable before, I can't fit into any of my normal clothes and I can't keep up with my two year old brother.

My Mum has been on a successful Health-Buzz that's lasted a solid 3 months now. She's lost a healthy amount of weight and keeps up with her exercises almost every day. It was hard for her to lose the baby weight at first and in a way I feel like-I should be doing the same thing. She's now smaller than me and I used to be smaller than she is now.

I'd like to be able to wear my favourite jeans without struggling to get into them. I know more people out there have severe weight issues and I probably sound like just another youth finding a reason to whinge however I just want to feel healthy.. To be able to get into sports or more athletic activities. I need to find something motivating to actually do this and maintain a healthier lifestyle and thanks to my Mums' support and the handy myfitnesspal iPhone App-maybe I can finally stop making excuses and start getting more out of my day.

I'm really interested in hearing about what everyone else here is going through, what they're up to, what hasn't worked for them.

And hopefully we'll all be looking fantastic in our favourite jeans by the years' end!

Replies

• jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you'll do great here! Glad you could join us. You'll be rockin' those jeans in no time!
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    as far as skin problems go...I think that the brand "acnefree" has worked the best for me and its inexpensive as well which is a plus.. the cleanser toner and moisturizer came in a kit that cost under 18.00 US Dollars...

And as far as modeling goes...that is an entirely different lifestyle and of what people want...I did it before and still somewhat do it... (not as much as i used to because im not even 75% where i want to be at mind u)...but that road u have to be careful cause some of the people that promote u want u to lose weight that isnt even neccessary...when i was comfortable at 105lbs@the age of 18 i thought i looked good...and an agency told me i needed to lose another 10 pounds...the modeling world is very harsh and at times unrealistic...but if u do want to pursue that field i say find someone that appreciates the way u are and the way u look when u feel comfortable with ur body...and to go the healthy route instead of trying to force your body to lose large amounts of weight at a time....Because granted it is fun to do, but u should never let any agency put u down or feel less than what you're worth because I bet youre a pretty girl :flowerforyou:

and you aren't whining or looking for an excuse...you came to this site to improve yourself...just like everyone else so just look forward to your goals and lean on people for support when needed...there's plenty of people around on this site for that :heart:
    take care hun and best of luck to u in attaining your goals :)
  • GypsyPunkess
    Options
    I usually go with spot acne gels, they do help and I find 'cleansers' just don't do anything but waste money. As for the modelling, I actually don't do commercial modelling nor work for any agencies. It's mostly freelance for Goth Clothing Labels, Expos, Tattoo Magazines. More of an Alternative Model then a Commercial Model. The people I work with are happy no matter what I look like as long as I bring my A-Game. Though seeing myself in those photos recently has driven me to stop completely despite how much work I am missing out on. I was never anorexic or bikini magazine worthy but I had good curves that seemed to be envied more. Now I'm just.. Straight down and curves in the wrong places. Hence my drive to not exactly lose weight persay but actually maintain a healthier body, more toned. I know muscle accounts for more weight than normal 'meat' so it's more about maintaining the body rather than the weight.
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    well I'm glad to hear that you don't let the agents control you :flowerforyou: back when suicidegirls first started they wanted me to join in with them, but I was new to everything and saw every flaw in my body so i turned them down...ahh but anyway lol i dont usually use cleansers and all that extra crap, but after using it for 2-3 days it reduced the blackhead effect...I was pretty impressed... another thing to look into if u could get dedicated enough to it is power 90...I've only been into it for 6 days now, but the fact that I am already seeing muscle deffinition is ridiculous not to mention crazy...I have done extreme work outs before in the past but this is by far the fastest results i've seen ever...and there are other people on this site using it who've had the same effects.. so if you're lookin to tone up... I know for a fact that power 90 if u follow the routine will work
  • GypsyPunkess
    Options
    What's Power 90? Never heard of that term before.

I was just going to start easing into strength exercises. Wii Fit has a good start for all of that.

I actually Model for Suicide Girls, Rebel Belles, Hypnotic Curves & Voodoo Dolls. Just haven't been able to post any sets for atleast.. A year. That's so depressing! I used to feel so good about my body.

My ex used to make me feel so good about myself I was happy to walk around the house naked. We've started talking recently and all the sudden Mum noticed I started doing my makeup different, nicer hairstyles etc. Even though he's 1000kms away and can't see me-it seems to be having a positive effect so I want to take advantage of it!
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    ahhh I wish I had gone with suicide girls...although at the same time im glad I didn't because I would've been extra cautious not to get pregnant...and power 90 is made by the same guy who created p90x....only it's less extreme with similar results....you could google it and find it for sure...it's represented by "beachbody" work outs...and this is coming from someone who hates to work out using DVD's, but it's proven to be effective so I'm going to stick with it :bigsmile:

and yea guys have that effect on us...one of the guy im attracted to who lives about 300 miles away is coming back in mid april another reason why im getting my butt in gear lol...for some reason girls want to impress the guys we have feelings for it's natural and I know people say "do it for yourself", but I think so long as your getting it done who care what the reason is :)