Replies

• shastacrystal
    Options
    These are the bomb and if you add a scoop of PB there are even better! YUM
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Basically a banana omelette then!

Looks good though and will definitely give it a try once I get some bananas in :smile:

yess, it does look and have a bit of texture like an omellete, its just sweeter

It's tamagoyaki with banana. It *is* an omelette.
  • msherrodmorfin
    msherrodmorfin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    New here.. How do I get to the blog.. From the post.. Im thinking bananas and egg whites??
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    New here.. How do I get to the blog.. From the post.. Im thinking bananas and egg whites??

Yes, the basic way to make them is two eggs, and a banana mushed and beaten together.

I made them for dinner tonight and it needs tweaking, it was bland in my opinion. I used one whole egg, one egg white, and one mushed up banana, and I added cinnamon, but still it was missing something else. Maybe try peanut butter like someone already suggested. I may try that next time.
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options

just copy and paste the link to your browser
  • eleanoreb
    Options
    Never understand the need for people to hate on someone's thread, especially when they are trying to share something they found yummy! Who cares if your pancakes don't look round and pretty, and until i try them, i'm not calling them an omelette. I'm going to have these for dinner tonight! Thank you!

aww thank you!!i dont even care if they look like an omelet, they kind of do!! but yeh why ppl gotta hate i have no clue
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Thinking a few chocolate chips added in there may just make it taste even more better. May have to try this soon, with the chocolate chips of course :)
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I added half a cup of old fashioned oats, a little cocoa powder and topped them with peanut butter. It was a great post workout meal and definitely was more pancakey with the oats.
  • eleanoreb
    Options
    I added half a cup of old fashioned oats, a little cocoa powder and topped them with peanut butter. It was a great post workout meal and definitely was more pancakey with the oats.

oh yum, oats are a great idea!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Well honey don't go on shark tank with your "new" idea cause it's already been invented

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzQFTwCz7Ru2KbjplDalYVOGqha6SlYn5AIBI03HbvIZafwp6Cdg

bisquick and water...they even took care of the leftovers container and the dirty dishes. only thing missing is a little man in there to hand feed it to me.

hey im not saying its a new idea at all. its everwhere on internet, and its way healthier than pancake mixes!!

fyi pancake mixes have preservatives, refined carbs that turn to sugar, they arent gluten free..

And bananas have sugar in them as well, oh noes!
  • TaniaMcCormick
    TaniaMcCormick Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just made them. AMAZING! Add cinnamon :)
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    Just made them. AMAZING! Add cinnamon :)

WIsh the cinnamon had been enough for me.

I am going to try making them again this weekend, I think using peanut butter.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    saw these on a different site. they are so easy and taste better then real pancakes. I didn't even want syrup and thats unheard of for me.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options

And bananas have sugar in them as well, oh noes!

i'm assuming we all know that every carb turns into blood sugar in order to be absorbed.
  • Bumdrahp
    Options
    May I ask? What did you cook it in? Maybe that's the difference..

I cooked mine in coconut oil.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I tried this recipe for lunch. I used vanilla essence but not cinnamon.

I mixed mine in the blender but I think it may have made the mixture too fluffy because when I tried to turn the pancake over it just broke up. For the second one I used the grill to cook the top and that went a lot better,

I put a drizzle of honey on top and it did taste good.

I like the idea of adding some peanut butter and might try that next time :smile:
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I tried a somewhat modified version of this recipe this morning and it was a hit.

Here's what I did (enough for two healthy-sized portions):
    4 eggs
    2 bananas
    3 tsps coconut flour
    dash of baking powder
    dash of vanilla extract

Mixed it all up, cooked 'em over medium heat. No trouble flipping them and they look just like 'real pancakes'.

Served them with strawberries and maple syrup.

They tasted like banana pancakes, not too eggy, not too banana-y. Just perfect!

You can check out my diary for the cals/carbs/fat, etc.
  • Allishole
    Allishole Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    1 scoop protein powder, 3 egg whites (liquid)....BAM
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Excellent idea, I'm gonna try a vegan version, wish me luck ;) Thanks for sharing, don't listen all all those negative brutes - they're all just hungry and taking it out on you ;) Also, I for one love the rustic shapes, whoever said a pancake is not a pancake unless it's round was one dull *kitten* motherf***er

And to the other haters who said it's an omelette; a pancake is a cake cooked in a pan - eggs and bananas are most certainly acceptable as cake ingredients

This recipe isn't " Pancakes- 2 ingredients only, traditional just like grandma made", it's a variation on the pancake. As with all variations and "low in" recipes, you need to open your mind to new ways of eating foods you know. Gah!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    probably okay , if you slather them with pure maple syrup!