Trans girl finally comes out of the shadows.

Options
So, after a while of stalking and using the calorie counter here I've decided to dive into the forums for a little while in commemoration of losing my first 20 lbs. I'm only about 120 lbs away from my goal now. Seems like I'm still so far away, but I'm sure if I stop thinking about that and just take it a little at a time, I'll be just fine.

Anyway, I'm Elliot, I'm a 25 year old trans girl from upstate NY. I'm generally an all-around nerd and a video game addict who likes drawing and anime. It's nice to meet you all.

: )

~Elliot

(PS, if you don't now what a trans girl is, I suggest reading this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender )

Replies

• dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    Welcome! And congratulations on your first 20 ... a huge accomplishment.
  • singcoz528
    singcoz528 Posts: 154
    Options
    Congrats!!!! The willpower to loose the 1st 20 is the hardest! Now you know you can loose the rest! Way to go! :happy:
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Hi, Elliot! Great work on the first 20!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Welcome....

You are over 14% of the way to reaching your goal already!! :happy:
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Welcome Elliot!

It helps if you don't look at all the weight you have to lose as one big number. Instead, try setting small goals with shorter deadlines, and then celebrate when you accomplish them! It's far less daunting when you break it up into small chunks, and you feel very accomplished when you hit those little milestones! I would have been so overwhelmed if I constantly thought of my need to lose 71 pounds. Now I am almost half way, but even thinking in terms of needing to lose another 36 seems daunting. But when I think about it in little 10 pound increments at a time, it doesn't seem so bad!

Best of luck to you! You can do this!
  • richmondhillgal
    Options
    sounds like you are off to a great start!! Welcome!
  • Kudzu
    Kudzu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Life is brighter here in the Sunshine! Congratulations :flowerforyou: on the 20 pounds lost! I am sooo looking forward to my 1st 20! I feel amazing just having lost the 12 I have so far!! I feel such a sense of accomplishment knowing that I have lost this much with just my willpower and some exercise! AND NO PILLS!!! Keep up the great work and let us all watch your success!!:bigsmile:
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far! My goal is to lose 115 pounds (though "charts" tell me I should be trying to lose at least 140 :huh: ) and I've found it a much less daunting task to simply focus on ten or twenty pounds at a time. It definitely feels less overwhelming. After losing your first twenty, I'd say you're definitely well on your way to achieving your goals! Good luck! :happy:
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    thats GREAT. 20 is such a big number I just hit it recently too and it was such a motivation boost. I agree with Jessica, set small goals. I have a mini goal of 25 because its such a nice number LOL and then for every 10 after that. keep it up :)
  • ElliotRyan
    Options
    Welcome! And congratulations on your first 20 ... a huge accomplishment.

Thank you!~
    Congrats!!!! The willpower to loose the 1st 20 is the hardest! Now you know you can loose the rest! Way to go! :happy:

Yeah, I know! I feel so empowered now, and I've gained momentum.
    Hi, Elliot! Great work on the first 20!

Thank you!
    Welcome....

You are over 14% of the way to reaching your goal already!! :happy:

That's a great way of looking at it too! : )
    Welcome Elliot!

It helps if you don't look at all the weight you have to lose as one big number. Instead, try setting small goals with shorter deadlines, and then celebrate when you accomplish them! It's far less daunting when you break it up into small chunks, and you feel very accomplished when you hit those little milestones! I would have been so overwhelmed if I constantly thought of my need to lose 71 pounds. Now I am almost half way, but even thinking in terms of needing to lose another 36 seems daunting. But when I think about it in little 10 pound increments at a time, it doesn't seem so bad!

Best of luck to you! You can do this!

Fortunately I don't really have this problem, apparently. I'm never discouraged at all, and I've always got my eye on the goal. I do, however, recognize and celebrate every 10 lb milestone. That seems to be enough for me. : )
    sounds like you are off to a great start!! Welcome!

I definitely am. I seem to be doing really well.
  • ElliotRyan
    Options
    Welcome! Life is brighter here in the Sunshine! Congratulations :flowerforyou: on the 20 pounds lost! I am sooo looking forward to my 1st 20! I feel amazing just having lost the 12 I have so far!! I feel such a sense of accomplishment knowing that I have lost this much with just my willpower and some exercise! AND NO PILLS!!! Keep up the great work and let us all watch your success!!:bigsmile:

Sunshine is nice now and then, but I actually prefer overcast and rain. (My skin burns so easily)

Anyway, keep going! You'll get to that 20 soon enough. : )
    Congrats on your success so far! My goal is to lose 115 pounds (though "charts" tell me I should be trying to lose at least 140 :huh: ) and I've found it a much less daunting task to simply focus on ten or twenty pounds at a time. It definitely feels less overwhelming. After losing your first twenty, I'd say you're definitely well on your way to achieving your goals! Good luck! :happy:

The BMI chart is supposed to be taken with a grain of salt. Unfortunately individuals are not cookie cutter cutouts of each other. Each of our bodies works a little differently, and has different proportions. If I were you I'd see a physician and get their advice.
    thats GREAT. 20 is such a big number I just hit it recently too and it was such a motivation boost. I agree with Jessica, set small goals. I have a mini goal of 25 because its such a nice number LOL and then for every 10 after that. keep it up :)

Great job! Keep going and never EVER look back. : )