Uh oh...summer is coming!

Options
And I'm not referring to the bathing suit/lack of covering issues, because I'm so pleased with my weight loss that I'm actually considering buying a new two piece bathing suit! No, what I'm referring to is the evil temptations that the warmer weather brings: BBQ's, beer, dining at outdoor cafes/restuarants, fried food on the boardwalk....UGH! I had relative ease controlling my eating during the winter, but my tendency to overeat comes during the summer, when I associate food with good times. Anyone else out there with this problem?

Replies

• staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I think most people have the opposite problem with all of the holidays, social eating (similar) and the lack of activity due to colder weather and staying indoors. But I have to agree that BBQ, outings, and the social aspect do make the summer difficult too! Maybe all of the outdoor activities will offset the increased calorie consumption?
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    I'm right there with ya hun! Warmer weather's been flirting with our area for a couple of weeks now, and I find myself constantly thinking about backyard barbeques and grilling out at the lake. It's not even the food I'm jonesing for- just the fun and social aspects. But with "social" always comes tasty food. *sigh*
  • JustJamie
    JustJamie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm very much looking forward to summer! I'm much more active and eat less in the summer. I walk everywhere and go hiking, camping, and swimming. Plus, I don't have much of an appetite when I'm hot. :happy:
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    If I was at home in VA, summer would be amazing! I live down the street from a farmer's market that is within 10 miles of all of its growers, so fresh fruits and veggies are ALL we eat all summer. Instead, I'm stuck in Alabama where I can NEVER find awesome fruits and veggies :sad: So I feel your pain.

But just remember - when you grill, you can still grill a YUMMY piece of chicken! 55 Calorie Bud Select, healthy salads, and maybe staying away from the Boardwalk? (I love fried food, too :ohwell: ) Either way, I know you can do it!! And congrats on being 2-piece worthy!!
  • chelsinicole
    Options
    I know what you mean! For me lemonades and steaks are weaknesses, but all i have to do is portion control, and when thats hard, think of something motivating, like keeping a bikini bod, or that feeling when you turn down bad food. (i always get proud of myself) :)