Calories burned from walking.

Does anyone know of a website that can give you an estimate of calories burned during moderate exercise like fast-paced walking?

Replies

• Does anyone know of a website that can give you an estimate of calories burned during moderate exercise like fast-paced walking?
  • scostello24
    scostello24 Posts: 126
    Thats a good question....I wander that myself. I really feel like my weight loss is so slow, but I am only fast pace walking and doing sit ups along with my weight watchers. Granted I did not weigh myself yesterday, but last night I did my 30 minutes with walking up the side of my street and running on the way back down. Long story short I lost 1.5 pounds as of this morning. Dont know if thats why but for like 3-4 days my weight did not budge!!!
  • Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Under the excercise tab - you should be able to find several walking rates.
  • xmimikinsx
    xmimikinsx Posts: 191
    You certainly can find out - on this website!!! Exercise database, type in walking
  • c-grandma
    c-grandma Posts: 73
    CaloriesPerHour.com is also a good site.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Check out http://calorielab.com/burned/

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    FYI, yes you can find these things out here, or another website. But because of the nature of how the body burns calories, these will be rough estimates. To really know, you should get a heartrate monitor.

Polar makes a great line of them. Anywhere from $50 to $150 and they are really worth the money IMHO.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Bankable said he's sending one to me as a gift... isn't that sweet?:tongue::laugh:

~Joanna:flowerforyou: