Calories burned in exercise?

Options
Ok, I know that most of what is going to be said is to monitor my heart, but honestly I'm just looking for a round about way to estimate calories burned. I'm doing a tabata workout, its 48 mins long. How should I classify that in MFP? Thanks!

Replies

• islandgirl76_
    islandgirl76_ Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    How about circuit training? That's what I use for my full body sessions with lots of plyometrics.
  • littlemamajohn
    littlemamajohn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's what I've been using, wasn't sure if it was close to it or not? Thank you:) I just didn't want to give myself credit for too many calories lol so I can remind myself not to over indulge.
  • katelion22
    katelion22 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would go with circuit training as well. One trick I use to make sure I don't overindulge or overestimate calorie burn is to only eat back half of the exercise calories MFP says I burned. Maybe that's something that would work for you?
  • littlemamajohn
    littlemamajohn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would go with circuit training as well. One trick I use to make sure I don't overindulge or overestimate calorie burn is to only eat back half of the exercise calories MFP says I burned. Maybe that's something that would work for you?

Good idea! Thanks!
  • islandgirl76_
    islandgirl76_ Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. MFP overestimates calories burned.