Me either.
  • furenaef
    furenaef Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    HR?sorry dont use that, i usually run with a BoNNarh
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I do wear my HRM for races. Why not? It's a strap under my shirt that my fancy garmin "reads"-it's not like it's hurting or interfering with anyone else. Not sure why you're hesitating?
  • ejwme
    ejwme Posts: 318
    Options
    If you have one, why wouldn't you wear it?

Ok, sometimes I forget mine. But I start packing my Race Bag the week before - not a chance I'm forgetting mine. Mine is also a GPS and will tell me my pace, so I definitely wear mine.

But I did tons of races successfully before I bought it, with no HRM at all.
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I wear mine in 5ks. I don't look at it much during the race but I like looking at the data later.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Wear your HRM while running a half marathon or any other event? :huh:

I don't mostly because I don't know what an HRM is.
  • RunnerInVT
    RunnerInVT Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I dont either. Im gonna get one now because I think I may be over training and one sign is an elevated heart rate. :)
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I wear my HRM whenever I run-race or just for fun
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    okay gotcha Heart Rate Monitor.
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Unless it's a mud race and I'm not willing to risk it getting ruined. Plus I usually do mud races for fun and don't care about my time. :-)
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    no....I don't run.
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't wear one for the longer distances. While it might not chafe on a shorter run, 13.1 miles is a long way and it might start causing "issues". There is nothing worse than raw skin at the bust line.......I speak from experience. OK, well maybe there are worse things but it's pretty unpleasant, trust me on that.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I would like to add that the data from my HRM during a 5k after racing up what was erroneously described as a "moderate hill" is as close as I'm going to get to a max hr number for me without some fancy testing. Besides-it all links into my garmin and it's just fun to look at all the data (after-except pace/distance during).
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Wear your HRM while running a half marathon or any other event? :huh:

I don't mostly because I don't know what an HRM is.

Heart Rate Monitor
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I always wear my HRM for any workout, including all of my races. (5Ks, 7Ks, 10Ks, 12Ks, and Half Marathons)

Even if not for the caloric burn info on the event, I've learned how to monitor my pace based on my heart rate. So having the constant feedback on my heart rate keeps me on track for pacing through the race.
  • Happylady123
    Happylady123 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I do like the data that it provides, but for a long run it is not comfortable. It scratches me and leaves marks. I don't think the men that answered have the same issues as women trying to wear one... because of the lady lumps. We have to wear it below (or at least I do) and I tuck it under my sports bra. Just wondering what everyone else is doing and trying to decide if it is really worth the hassle. I have a Garmin so I already get my GPS and other data off the watch. Not stressing about it... just curious as to what others do.
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I plan on wearing mine for my 1/2 coming up. Why wouldn't you?

ETA: Ok I just saw you said it rubs...I wear mine under my sports bra as well and I will say I've had to kind of re-situate it, but I've never had serious problems.
  • Happylady123
    Options
    I always wear my HRM for any workout, including all of my races. (5Ks, 7Ks, 10Ks, 12Ks, and Half Marathons)

Even if not for the caloric burn info on the event, I've learned how to monitor my pace based on my heart rate. So having the constant feedback on my heart rate keeps me on track for pacing through the race.

Good point! Exactly why I would choose to wear it if I do!
  • Happylady123
    Options
    I wouldn't wear one for the longer distances. While it might not chafe on a shorter run, 13.1 miles is a long way and it might start causing "issues". There is nothing worse than raw skin at the bust line.......I speak from experience. OK, well maybe there are worse things but it's pretty unpleasant, trust me on that.

Totally agree! Experiencing that!