Heart Rate Monitors

angelajeanne23
angelajeanne23 Posts: 20
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey everyone! I want to buy a heart rate monitor that tracks how many calories I'm burning and I figured there have to be more than one of you that use one so...which one do I get?! I don't have too much money to spend so I'm looking for something no more expensive than the $50 range. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Most, if not all, of the Polars would be out of the question then because those are at least $90. I got my Oregon Scientific for $75 on Amazon. Walmart has some decent, basic HRMs and I considered one for $25-$30 that do what you need. Try Walmart and see what you find. Try to find HRMs w/a chest strap as they tend to work better and are more accurate. Consider this one:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Oregon-Scientific-Smart-Heart-Heart-Rate-Monitor-Watch/6051181. The other ones were over your $50 limit.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    shop around, you may be able to find a Polar, with a chest strap, for 50...I paid 80 but I didn't shop around, just walked into Olympia and grabbed one.
    Try Amazon, Ebay, etc.

I have the Polar F4 and I love it.
  • luvmygrandkidstx
    luvmygrandkidstx Posts: 95 Member
    I bought the Sportline S7 heart rate watch at walmart for $40. I was like you and didn't wanna spend alot of money on one and this does exactly what I need. It monitors my heart rate and also how many calories I burn. It seems to be pretty accurate and I'm happy with it. Good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.