Is spinning enough to tone up?

Options
Hey guys, for this past year i've been a gym girl , but since my gym closed 2 weeks ago , I really want to know if spinning can help me to tone up, right now i'm kind of flaccid and I also have cellulite (not thaat much) , I heard that what spinning does is that helps you to lose weight , and right now losing much weight wouldn't be the best for me , I want nice butt and abs and pretty legs, so what do you guys think ? , would spinning be enough? thanks :)

Replies

• _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    Adding in some weight training will help more. Heavy weights, low reps.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/771-women-strength-training
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Diet will help you lose fat better than spinning will. But spinning is great cardiovascular exercise in any case.
  • laurajade111
    Options
    If its a spinning class and you up your resistance and keep the speed lower it should be ok, but you are still looking at least a 400 calorie burn for 45 mins, which if not eaten back would result in weight loss ( unless you regularly spin).

Why not see if there are other classes available like Body Pump - its amazing!
  • VannessaKss
    Options
    Thanks , i really don't want to lose more weight so i guess i'll have to keep doing weights :)