what keeps you going?

Options
What keeps you motivated? Life can get stressful and it can be so easy to fall off. I wanna know what keeps you focused. Hearing what helps you may help me! Thanks!

Replies

• CongoClark81
    CongoClark81 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Well, today is Day 23 for me and so far, it just the thought and hopes for whats to come. I want to be healthier so I can keep up with my 5yr old and I want to be the size I was when my husband and I started dating. Im just taking it one day at a time and just keep looking forward to the next time I weigh and measure myself. I want good results so I just keep pushing myself. I havent taken a day off yet or even cheated. When I want to, I just think to myself, if I eat that or take a day off, Im just gonna get lazy and I am determined to get to my goal. I have told so many friends, family, coworkers, Facebook and on here that I cant give up now! I still have 70lbs to go. Its gonna be a long hard road but it will be worth it in the end!
    GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    At first, it was just being fed up with being so overweight, and fear that my health was going to fall apart. What keeps me going now is the way I FEEL, and the compliments that I get now don't hurt either!!
  • AceOfSpada
    AceOfSpada Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ur awesome! Thank you! Im trying to do the same! Thank you! Keep up your awesome attitude! :)
  • Kurrsteee
    Kurrsteee Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I get fed up a reasonable amount. However, you can guarantee that when I do get fed up, I'll catch a glimpse of myself in a shop window or something and just think 'wow, look how slim I'm getting!'
    That is what keeps me going.
  • danielson144
    danielson144 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For me, it's thinking of what I can wear. I'm a 26 year old male, with a lot of personality, and i've been stuck wearing baggy clothes since they are comfortable and don't show a lot of the weight. I'm looking forward to letting my true personality show in my fashion. Seems silly, but it's something i've not allowed myself to experience for a long time.

I'll scan amazon for cool new sunglasses, or leather jackets. It's fun to browse the cool stuff you can wear once you reach your goal.
  • Nixx1983
    Nixx1983 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The thought of summer coming up and glastonbury festival in june are motivating me! i really cannot wait to be slim and be in nice clothes! actually feeling extra motivated today, on day 28 and the first day 1000 kcals has seemed enough, feeling less hungry as time goes on! not craving rubbish foods anymore also.. the future is bright! Good luck xx
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    What keeps me motivated is I can not go back to 220 lbs. I feel better I look better am stronger.
  • AceOfSpada
    AceOfSpada Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Love everyone's replies! Keep em coming! Thank you for sharing! You all have great reasons!
  • wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My dad expecting me to fail. Sadly almost all my success has been out of spite.......

Also I want to look good