the hardest part

♥dawnwestbury♥
♥dawnwestbury♥ Posts: 104
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
i started mfp on 3/1 with eating better and counting my cals. (i had a few days of being WAY over but all in all i'm doing good) now adding the exercise is not something that is coming easy for me. i have 2 kids and work full time and go to school online part time. by the time i get home and get the cleaning done and dinner etc etc i dont have the energy to do ANYTHING. i'm losing weight still but what can i do to get moving!!! i know i can workout on fri/sat/ sun because i dont work on weekends and fridays after work theres nothing that needs to be done asap. but is that enough? probably not.....:ohwell:

Replies

• BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Anything is a good thing. Even getting up and walking around the office a couple times a day is great for getting the blood moving. Do what ever it is you can do, that is still more than it was, right?
    And remember playing with the kids is a great workout. Especially getting down on the floor with them. I know my son works my core muscles to death when I'm on the floor wrestling with him. Keep it up!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    You can schedule a workout - like an appointment. Allot 30 minutes - an hour for the workout. Commit to it and give yourself that time for yourself. Maybe that would help with your hectic schedule? :flowerforyou:
  • thank you! i need to look at my day and figure out when i can do something and worse case i will just do what i can...yes better than nothing!!! for sure!
  • 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Every little bit helps! It certainly can't harm anything. :) It is all about baby steps and then you can build on from there...at least that is what I tell myself...a step in the right direction, no matter how small is still a step to your goals.
  • I say take the kids and go for a walk! Even the smallest steps can really add up! :)
  • yeah the walking with the kids should be pretty easy! walk to the park let them play then walk back. the park isnt THAT far but its not a block away either!!
  • rocknrolla2009
    rocknrolla2009 Posts: 63 Member
    You don't have to exercise for 30-60 minutes..Even doing 10 minute bursts a few times a day helps. :)
This discussion has been closed.