the last hoorah!!

hasiangirl
hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
So here's my dilemma, I start projects and for some reason have trouble completing them, for example I will knit a sweater and leave the collar undone or i wont knit a sleeve...or something small same with cleaning ...ill always leave one room undone ... or a story......anything and everything i tend not to finish...and now that I'm at my final 15lbs which mind u i've been at since september (regained weight slowly) ....I am having trouble finishing it off...why do i do this? and whyyy am i looking at my weight loss a project? errrrrrrrrr...

Replies

• its like a project because its not something that you just do mindlessly...well not yet anyway. so because you have to think about it and work at it, its seems like a project. as far as not finishing things, i do that too sometimes. i'll start to clean then will stop etc etc. for me its because i just dont feel like doing it anymore...but its cleaning!! with your weight loss maybe you come to a point where you are like ok i'm done...but then you will not be the person you want to be. you wont look the way you want. if you need to take a break a little (A LITTLE) then go ahead!! maybe you just need a break from THINKING about weight loss for a few days. (just dont start eating ALOT of junk food) :-)
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    its like a project because its not something that you just do mindlessly...well not yet anyway. so because you have to think about it and work at it, its seems like a project. as far as not finishing things, i do that too sometimes. i'll start to clean then will stop etc etc. for me its because i just dont feel like doing it anymore...but its cleaning!! with your weight loss maybe you come to a point where you are like ok i'm done...but then you will not be the person you want to be. you wont look the way you want. if you need to take a break a little (A LITTLE) then go ahead!! maybe you just need a break from THINKING about weight loss for a few days. (just dont start eating ALOT of junk food) :-)
    but i took a 5 month break already lol =/
  • workingitout
    workingitout Posts: 105 Member
    Instead of thinking of it as a project, think of it as a lifestyle choice. By making healthier choices every day, you will look great, feel better, be healthier. It is a slow process of improvement, but try to think ahead, like "Think how great I will look in new clothes this summer" and then "I will really surprise everyone in my Christmas card picture next December!". It's not something that's over and done like a project. You'll hit your weight loss goal, but at that point it's maintenance, and being healthy will be a way of life! I know you can do this! Turn it around and show everyone that you are healthy!
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    maybe it's a subconscious thing.. Something inside you saying ok, now I'm done now what?? and the unknown could scare you into sabotaging yourself
This discussion has been closed.