Am I failing???

Options
So I am completly exhausted due to lack of sleep thanks to my 19 month old. I also ran and walked last night for the first time. I dont know if the two correlate but I am threw today. I cannot wait to hit the sac tonight..CANT WAIT!!! :yawn: :yawn: So my question is what the heck exercise can I do that will still ensure that I make it till 8:30 (sons bedtime)?? I really need to do my upper body because my legs are completly tapped out form continuos workouts. I only have 3 pound weights, which trust me are heavy enough right now!! You would think lugging a 30 pound kid around all the time would make your arm muscles a little stronger.....but it doesn't:ohwell:
Anyways anyone with tips for an upper body workout that wont kill me tonight.
Thanks guys!!!

Replies

• scostello24
    scostello24 Posts: 126
    Options
    So I am completly exhausted due to lack of sleep thanks to my 19 month old. I also ran and walked last night for the first time. I dont know if the two correlate but I am threw today. I cannot wait to hit the sac tonight..CANT WAIT!!! :yawn: :yawn: So my question is what the heck exercise can I do that will still ensure that I make it till 8:30 (sons bedtime)?? I really need to do my upper body because my legs are completly tapped out form continuos workouts. I only have 3 pound weights, which trust me are heavy enough right now!! You would think lugging a 30 pound kid around all the time would make your arm muscles a little stronger.....but it doesn't:ohwell:
    Anyways anyone with tips for an upper body workout that wont kill me tonight.
    Thanks guys!!!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    ramp up. you'll be surprised how fast your body remembers how to be active, but give it a chance, don't jump right in to heavy workouts, start out slowly, work your way up over the course of weeks or a month to get to a higher level, fitness takes time. Don't overstress or you'll feel overwhelmed and more likely to quit.
  • dxeebelle
    Options
    If you can find it there is a great workout video for beginning. It was made for Extreme Makeover shw when it first came out. It is what I started with after my daughter was born. It is short but a great way to start. It has the days of the week broken down into what areas you are working on. So you can target what you want.
    At the time I started this workout, My husband was deployed and I was watching 2 kids plus my own all under 1 year. My daily shedule went something like this...

Put all the little ones in stroller( had one big enough for all of them) walk my older daugher to school.
    take the long way aroud the block back.

At home, stick all the kids in highchairs with Breakfast. Work out while they were eating. ( of course they were right beside me)

Sometimes if they were finished before I was I would get them out and lay on the floor and take turns lifting them over my head or letting them sit on my legs/feet while I did crunches.

Then while they were playing, I would clean up the mess that had been made from Breakfast. ( remember that cleaning burns calories also)

When they all would lay down for thier nap I would hit the couch and take a breather! Then in the afternoon we would hav lunch and the whole cleanin and playing would start all over. I was ready to go to bed most definatley when bed time came around. BUT I found that using everyday acivities that I need to do anyway or playing with the kids while excersising works well.

ALSO, very important make sure you have enough calories. I usually kept some sort of healty snack on the coutner ina bowl. That way it was there and easily available to help keep the blood sugar and energy at the crrect level.

I did this for 12 months while my husband was gone and lost 30 lbs. SOOOO.. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
    Just get in a routine, expect tough days.. they come.. AND if you are really exahusted one day.. don't beat yourself up... play with your baby, take a nap and the next day get right back to the routine.

The workout DVD is Extreme Makeover Fitness. The web address on the back is video.com.

Hope that helps a little... I know some days are tough... I a having a low motivation day myself!!!
  • scostello24
    scostello24 Posts: 126
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys. I found a really good workout that is low inmpact just for the upperbody on fitnessmagazine.com. I will skip the cardio tonight so that I am reved up tomorrow for my attempt at running again. Oh and that wesite was really cool....you can basically find any strength training combo and it walks you through every move......simplicity for a beginner (me) is exactly what I need, Good for those days where you NEED to take it easy!!:smile: