New...well sort of

Options
I have been using this site since January/ February but I really didn't think it would work so I didn't invest too much time in a profile. Well for the past nine weeks I have seen some amazing results!!!! I use to run marathons but stopped for lack of motivation. Unfortunately, I continued to eat like I was running and gained over thirty pounds in less than a year. I still detest running. So I was looking for a way to lose weight and not exercise. This site, while encouraging me to exercise and I know I should, helped me count my calories and eat healthier more balanced meals. The results have been awesome. I am incredibly thankful.

So now that I am a convert of this website, I decided to say hello! Good luck to everyone!!!!

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Hey there Wallace! Congratulations on your weight loss so far! Maybe you can find an exercise that you like better than running? I know I started out running for fitness, but I think my real love is boxing, kickboxing, etc for fitness. Just find what you love and that makes it more fun. :bigsmile:
  • ♥dawnwestbury♥
    Options
    same here, i dont have alot of time for working out but since i have been following the calories etc i have lost 6 pounds. just from that, i might have worked out 2 or 3 days in the last 3 weeks.
  • wallace626
    wallace626 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement stephy!!!! I'll definitely check out some alternative exercises to running. Congrats on your weight loss so far as well.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement stephy!!!! I'll definitely check out some alternative exercises to running. Congrats on your weight loss so far as well.

You're welcome and thank you! :bigsmile:
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Welcome Wallace. I am new here also and very impressed with the tools to make this easier. I am not fond of exercising due to bad bones but love bike riding. I figure there is a exercise for anyone, you just have to find one you like..