is this good goal?

Options
I am currently 137 lbs and I would like to weigh 120 by end of July for our family cruise so I can fit back into my size 6 jeans.my question is this realistic goal for 4 months?

Replies

• farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    That is just over 1 pound a week, so it sounds good to me. Good luck and have a great trip.
  • ♥dawnwestbury♥
    Options
    that is a great goal and totally doable!!! you can do it!!! good luck!!!! and buy a new bikini for reaching your goal!!!
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    completely!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    You are down to the last lbs. 17 lbs in 4 months is over 1 lb a week which can be hard when you are so close to your goal. i have not been able to loose that much, i aim for about 1/2 lb a week. Give it a try and see how you are loosing. It is different for everyone.
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I think it's doable but I also think it's on the verge. Knowing that you are not heavy to begin with and are not looking to lose a ton of weight, 1 pound a week might even be pushing it. Not that it is something you can't do but I'd hate for you to get frustrated if you aren't seeing that 1 pound loss every week, ya know? If I were you, I would set my sights on losing 10-12 pounds with the hope that you lose it all by that time.

I am not trying to be a downer at all, but just sort of realistic. I am sure you will get there but setting too high of a goal can backfire sometimes so I thought I'd throw my 2 cents out there as well. :) Good luck!
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You are down to the last lbs. 17 lbs in 4 months is over 1 lb a week which can be hard when you are so close to your goal. i have not been able to loose that much, i aim for about 1/2 lb a week. Give it a try and see how you are loosing. It is different for everyone.
    I was posting at the same time - I totally agree!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I was posting at the same time - I totally agree!

I'll third that- you should be able to get close, but since you don't have a huge amount to lose, 1 pound per week probably isn't realistic. Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    thanks everybody for the comments