Getting bored of Insanity

Options
So I'm on day 19...I think.
So far I've lost a couple of pound and maybe 0.25-0.75 inches on my waist, hips and thighs :ohwell:
I really don't know what to do!

I just want to give up.

:grumble:

Replies

• Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    It's not sustainable if you don't like to do it, because once a system is done you just fall into old habits. I'm doing 30 Day Shred and I feel the same way. It's just not motivating to think that I'm gonna get in shape by doing some boring DVD in my living room. I suggest trying to find activities that you enjoy doing which are also exercise, like bike riding, martial arts, running, swimming, Zumba, dancing, etc. Stuff that fills your life instead of just filling that "I Need To Workout" time slot in your day. So you can get fit AND have fun!

Good luck!
  • MJMARIN81
    Options
    Its good program to give you that boost in your fitness goals. I did it for a round. Got a little bored with it but kept with it. I lost some weight and inches but the gains in endurance were amazing. I say stick with it and when you are done follow up with what you like.
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    but who really "likes" any of that. I mean, yes zumba is fun. But 30 day shred, p90x, insanity aren't supposed to be a lovely walk in the park. They are meant to whip you into shape. I say push through. I didn't enjoy shred, but I pushed through and did it everyday and got wonderful results. 9 lbs, 3 in off waist, 2 off hips, and 1 from neck. If you already are saying this, it sounds like you have your mind made up anyway. But anyway, I say push through. Then you can do fun things. You've committed to it, so follow through if you want my advice!! Good luck!
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    As long as you aren't looking to quit exercise all together what does it matter if you don't finish insanity or not? I mean you didn't sign a contract saying you'd finish it at all costs did you? I'm not sure why you are worried about this. Again, as long as you aren't looking to quit exercising, or using "I'm bored" as an excuse then I wouldn't question yourself. Maybe you make a deal with yourself that you will keep doing it until you find the replacement 'burn' that you enjoy more. Or maybe you need to decide if the potential results is worth pushing through.
  • Amanda21202
    Amanda21202 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I love all the comments, I'm going to go with what you gave all said and push through :D
  • eperex
    eperex Posts: 86
    Options
    I hear you it tend to be a bit repetitious however i think it depends on a your frame of mind. i try to think of each workout as another day that my body can improve by each movement i do :) Oh and i kind of lower the volume of the video and crank up my music haha. what do you listen to ?
  • aebkahle
    aebkahle Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there! For what it's worth, I'm on day 27 and I know what you mean. I've done this program a few times and I have felt that way. I think this time is different because I know what to expect and because I've built different workouts in with it. So what I mean by that is that Monday through Friday I do my Insanity but on Saturday I go to a fun kettlebell class with friends. My HRM showed just as much of a burn but over a longer period of time. I then shift Saturday's Insanity scheduled video to Monday. So the program will be longer but I'm more interested because I'm taking one day a week to do something different.

No matter what you decide, I just want you to know that the second phase intensity is fierce and it challenges every bit of you to keep going. I had a friend tell me once that most people who do fitness programs have that one favorite program/activity that is like a first love. For me that is insanity but P90X turned out to be just not my thing. I agree with the poster earlier who said if you are really hating it, keep doing it until you have a different program in place so that your frustration doesn't turn into self defeat. Hang in there,
    Amanda Frazier
  • Amanda21202
    Amanda21202 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to anything! Maybe I should lol!!

That sounds really good doing something else a d making Insanity last longer.
    I think what I might do now as my main problem is my frame of mind, I only get a chance to do it at night when my OH gets home and the LO is in bed so it's quite hard to get motivated. Anyway what I think I might do us on a bad day when I don't want to donut I'll just do something else :) but not make a habit out of it.

It's just really frustrating as when I first joined this again I was 153 and got to 146 on 3 month by exerts icing to billy blanks/bob harper/jillian michaels and eating what I wanted as long as it was in my calorie allowance. But then I gained 7 over 3 weeks leading to Christmas and have been struggling since even though the only new thing I'm doing is insanity :S