Would like to hear from folks that

NWCountryGal
NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
have had or have "overuse" issues from working their jobs or other reasons. I am back in a gym and doing my basic workout. I want to do my cardio and then my weight-training but there is no one there a lot of the time to help with suggestions. For example, I have used my right arm so much in my work that I have pain in it but not so bad I have to take anything. So now, I want to do strength training. I feel just doing the exercise machines that don't "hurt" my arm are best. I can feel the muscles working but no pain. On others, my arm just feels like I am again, using it too much.

Any help is appreciated. I have a knee that is also overused so I only do the stationery bike for cardio to keep the weight off my knee. It seems to work great.

Thanks all,

Denise

Replies

• sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
    Hey,
    Yes, I am well aware of the issues with overuse. I have worn out my rotocups in my shoulders; extreme pain at times. I also have bad knees and my lower back has serious issues. I have a plate and screws in my neck as well. Okay, I have worked in a sheet metal fab shop for 30 years and between pulling steel and resistence training in exercise body is worn out. I have found that the best thing is to modify what you can and ice down after workouts. I do take anti inflammatory to help with fliud building around the joints causing pain. Water exercises are the best and you can add weights when doing them. The reason is because in the water there is no stress placed on those areas and you can still get a good workout minus the stress and pain. Hope it helps. God Bless, brenda
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Brenda, can't thank you enough. They are actually putting in a pool here but I don't know when it will be ready. I will do the ice thing and just try to work it easy. I plan to use chondroiten and glucosamine again and also, I need calcium. I am mostly happy if I can burn some calories with the bike but strength training is what I want also. I love swimming and hope the pool is in soon so I can go back to that:)

Denise:)
This discussion has been closed.