less sugar fruits?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Its not going to make you fat...

True.
    but it can slow down weight loss because of how high in sugar/carbs.

False.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Today, fruit accounted for 17.234% of my overall calories…. that is normal for me. I like that! I need to up the veggies though...
  • sabimausl85
    sabimausl85 Posts: 219 Member
    so, can i keep eating the fruit?
    any suggestions on the plateau after only one week? i drink enough (at least 2 liters a day)
  • I love fruits especially the high sugar ones like grapes n oranges...:brokenheart:I eat them every day and go over the mfp recommended sugar value every day... is that bad??
  • pastryari
    any suggestions on the plateau after only one week? i drink enough (at least 2 liters a day)

Yes, eat your fruit.

Looking at your ticker, you only have about 10 more lbs to lose. The last 10 are the slowest to come off. You should only be set to lose 1/2 lb per week so close to your goal and it's going to take longer. Hit your macros, be patient, and good luck.
  • pastryari
    I love fruits especially the high sugar ones like grapes n oranges...:brokenheart:I eat them every day and go over the mfp recommended sugar value every day... is that bad??

No, it's not bad unless you have a medical condition that would require you to limit your sugars.
  • sabimausl85
    well 10 more pounds is only the goal i set me. how does my body know how close the goal is? ;)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member

yes

one cannot claim to have a plateau after one week. that's not how this thing works. if your plan is to switch things up every week that the scale number doesn't go down, you don't actually have a plan
  • sabimausl85
    my plateau is 2 weeks long now.
    okay uhm, diet started 3 weeks ago, 1.week 9lbs off, 2nd and 3rd week nothing, no gain no loss..
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Tracking the sugar in fruit is misleading. The sugar in fruit is OK because is it coupled with the fiber of the fruit as well. This fiber locks the sugar into the fruit making it very hard for the body to digest. So most of the sugars get flushed out of the body as waste. Where as processed foods and refined sugars are fully absorbed by the body and promptly create fat cells.

This is why it is OK to eat lots of fruit. They have many nutrients your body needs as well. I never track sugar on here because the amount of fruit I eat throws is WAY off. I just avoid all refined sugars and processed foods (contain sugar most times) as much as I can.
  • sabimausl85
    what do you see as refined sugar or processed food? examples please for the foreigner ;)
  • A healthy diet begins with fresh vegetables and fruits and is part of a bigger balanced diet that includes foods that are low in cholesterol, fat, and needless sugar. Try to add a portion of fruits and vegetables to each meal you eat, if you want to eat healthy.

http://bodybuilding-blog.org/
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    my plateau is 2 weeks long now.
    okay uhm, diet started 3 weeks ago, 1.week 9lbs off, 2nd and 3rd week nothing, no gain no loss..

nice try, but a plateau is not 2 weeks either. weight loss may not be a linear as you would like. and the first week or two is almost all water weight that gets shed because your lowered caloric intake couldn't support that amount of water anymore. don't count the first week into your average because it's misleading.

either way, the correct thing to do is make adjustments up or down in your total calories. you don't have to worry about were those calories came from.
  • sabimausl85
    okay, so now you are saying i need to adjust the calorie intake? would you go down or up? or really just wait a couple more days?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Up

If you are accurately weighing and recording.
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Weight loss is pretty simple. Eat less exercise more. And fruit doesn't make you fat.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Tracking the sugar in fruit is misleading. The sugar in fruit is OK because is it coupled with the fiber of the fruit as well. This fiber locks the sugar into the fruit making it very hard for the body to digest. So most of the sugars get flushed out of the body as waste. Where as processed foods and refined sugars are fully absorbed by the body and promptly create fat cells.

Source? It was always my understanding that your body doesn't discern sugar any differently from fruit than it would from sugar in your coffee.
  • mschickiepoo
    mschickiepoo Posts: 91 Member
    okay, so now you are saying i need to adjust the calorie intake? would you go down or up? or really just wait a couple more days?

What are your specs? height, current weight? find your sedentary tdee, and eat below that and log all exercise. I put my caloric intake up...it helped get me moving AND I feel WAYYYY better!
  • sabimausl85
    I m 174cm (5'9') currently around 80kg.
  • mschickiepoo
    mschickiepoo Posts: 91 Member
    I m 174cm (5'9') currently around 80kg.

I put your specs in and the results were Sedentary tdee - 1931. I put my sedentary tdee as my caloric goal, and log any exercise I do. I've lost 10 lbs. Eating at 1200 made me tired, and cranky....and I wasn't losing. Much happier, and healthier now (and not starving all the time). Good luck to you hun!