At a stand still for my weight loss

Options
So we are doing the biggest loser at work when I started I was 146.8 we are into week 4 I believe last week I weighed in at 141.8 on the weekend i got down to 139.6 then when I weighed myself Monday after making no changes in my diet I was up to 141.0 this morning i was 140.6 .. it seems like i just can't get past them. I'm busy i work at a daycare and i come home and do some time on the elliptical.. i'm trying to get down to 135 and it just seems to hard to get to those 130's ..I've been eating a lot healthier before my diet was mostly fast food , chips and pop.. i've cut that all out and have been eating a lot of chicken smoothies (fruit/greek yogurt) these types of foods but i'm still not losing much any suggestions??

Replies

• hanlivluke
    hanlivluke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel your frustration! I am the same as you...the 130s are KILLING me to get to. I am very active, doing hot yoga or working out at least 5 times per week...and using fitnesspal...but I just keep going up and down 3 pounds like a yoyo. I am very frustrated...yesterday I talked to someone who suggested I really focus on proteins...and really try to eliminate as many carbs as possible - including some fruits that are really high in sugar. So, as a new focus this week, I am trying to keep my carbs down as low as I can...myfitnesspal sets my carb goal at 205 and I am trying to keep it under 100. Yesterday was 66 and today was 88..I will let you know if I see any progress with this. Hang in there...:)
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    If your diary was open, it would be easier for people to give more specific advice/suggestions. Without being able to see what you're eating, I'd guess that probably at least some of the problem is water retention - how are your sodium levels? It sounds like you've cut down on processed foods a lot, which is great! Are you eating sufficient vegetables, lean proteins, whole grains, dairy, etc?

In addition, it sounds like you're doing nothing for exercise except cardio? I'd suggest incorporating weight lifting into your routine. This will also help you retain muscle mass. Again, without being able to see your food diary, I don't know how much protein you're eating. It's important to get adequate protein to keep you full longer and, again, to help retain muscle.