Anyone tried SENSA yet? Just wondering if it works.

Options

Replies

• MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I used it for about a month and always forgot to sprinkle. But when I did, I got full quicker. HOWEVER... the main ingredient in Sensa is Silica... you know, the stuff they put in shoe boxes and bags and such to keep them from absorbing moisture that specifically says DO NOT EAT! Yea... so I quit taking it.

The best way to do it is the good ole' fashioned way!! Hard work and sweat :drinker:

SIlica is in most drinking water. It's particularly high in that expensive Fiji bottled water.

Well, thats kinda scary!!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Sensa probably DOES work..
    No.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mek7ehUBtg1ryz7wuo1_500.gif
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I used it for about a month and always forgot to sprinkle. But when I did, I got full quicker. HOWEVER... the main ingredient in Sensa is Silica... you know, the stuff they put in shoe boxes and bags and such to keep them from absorbing moisture that specifically says DO NOT EAT! Yea... so I quit taking it.

The best way to do it is the good ole' fashioned way!! Hard work and sweat :drinker:

SIlica is in most drinking water. It's particularly high in that expensive Fiji bottled water.

Well, thats kinda scary!!

My point was that silica is not scary, you already drink it all the time and it's perfectly safe. The biggest threat is scale on pipes.
  • Sharkington
    Options
    No, but I can tell you what does work - eating healthy foods in healthy portions, and exercise. :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    How can you go wrong with magic fairy dust?! I mean it makes perfect sense that you could lose weight just by using fairy dust rather than eating right and exercising.
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options

Sensa is silica? So...I could go down to the local beach, pick up some sand, and sprinkle that on my food?
    Hmm...now where around here is there a pure quartz beach.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    i'd rather not try something that I wouldn't want to do for the rest of my life. Paying drug companies is pretty high on that list.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of anything besides eat less and move more, HOWEVER...

... anything that makes you stop a moment, consider portions, or even slow down eating could help you eat less. The simple act of having to sprinkle something on every bite slows down the mechanics. In theory, this could make you aware you are becoming full. This might also work if you just slowed your eating pace, but I consider this a factor for why some people experience success using Sensa.
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    I learned the hard way that it is definitely a "no no" to post questions about weight loss suplements on MFP. The other day I posted something about Asset which I've heard works great and is all natural, but the comments I recieved were pretty brutal. People on here act like you're commiting a crime if you take a diet related supplement...lol
  • MoreBean13
    Options

Sensa is silica? So...I could go down to the local beach, pick up some sand, and sprinkle that on my food?
    Hmm...now where around here is there a pure quartz beach.

Just to clarify- I have no idea if sensa is silica- but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a filler ingredient in it- but unlikely that it's any kind of "active" ingredient (if sense actually has any active ingredients). I only claim to know about water chemistry, not sensa chemistry, lol.
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    i'd rather not try something that I wouldn't want to do for the rest of my life. Paying drug companies is pretty high on that list.

QFT.
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    How can you go wrong with magic fairy dust?! I mean it makes perfect sense that you could lose weight just by using fairy dust rather than eating right and exercising.

^And this is what I'm talking about.......No one is stupid enough to believe that you take a pill and the weight just magically falls off. HOWEVER, when combined with healthy food choices and some exercise, there are things you can take that will speed up your weight loss. Like Alli for example which I took for 2 months as recommended by A DOCTOR.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'd rather just eat right and exercise. Shake shake shake your booty instead.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about it too. my MIL ordered it, didn't see results, but all she eats is Sees candy and cakes. didn't surprise me, but give it a go. who knows
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Tried it about a year &1/2 ago for the full trial time. Didn't work at all. And I used it religiously during the trial.
  • lolwutshannon
    Options
    Exercising, eating a balanced diet of fruit, vegetables, whole grains, lean meat, fish and drinking 8 glasses of water a day will help you lose weight. Sensa, or any other diet dust, milk shake, and pill will do absolutely nothing for you.

Actually there is a pill that you can take to lose weight prescribed by a doctor , but you might as well do speed. Haha
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I learned the hard way that it is definitely a "no no" to post questions about weight loss suplements on MFP. The other day I posted something about Asset which I've heard works great and is all natural, but the comments I recieved were pretty brutal. People on here act like you're commiting a crime if you take a diet related supplement...lol

Well, looking at the ingredient list for Asset, it's pretty much a stimulant and a laxative.
    Woooo. Healthy.

Oh, and Buckthorn can be toxic.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

^And this is what I'm talking about.......No one is stupid enough to believe that you take a pill and the weight just magically falls off. HOWEVER, when combined with healthy food choices and some exercise, there are things you can take that will speed up your weight loss. Like Alli for example which I took for 2 months as recommended by A DOCTOR.

Doctor's don't always know everything either. There are articles out now suggesting Ali is causing some people to go into kidney failure.

You say people on here act like it's a crime to take a weight loss supplement, but actually you're on these boards with a lot of people who are older than you, and have been yo yo dieting their entire lives. There are people on here who really want other people to realize this cr@p DOESN'T work.

Maybe it won't hurt you to take it except in your wallet, but you could be one of that low percentage of people who will actually die from taking some of this garbage.

Eat less, move more. There's no quick fix.