Yoga Class Question

Options
matt2442
matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
Sooo... i love doing yoga,,, a new yoga studio has opened that is very close to my house but I have heard from a friend that pretty much every class is alll girls/women

So question, is it weird if there is just one guy in a yoga class? Does it give you the wrong idea of him ? Just want opinions on the topic! thanks!

Replies

• samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I don't pay attention to who is in my yoga class. Just go and have a good time.
  • Healthyme1983
    Healthyme1983 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You should definitely just go! I go to yoga to focus on me not the people around me! :)
  • lorindaleigh
    lorindaleigh Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    There's one guy that goes to my Yoga class and I always think about how freaking sexy he is after class. I don't even notice heres there during class because Im too busy getting my *kitten* kicked lol.

Guys that do Yoga are super sexy!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    please explain what the wrong idea would be
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

Like either perverted, or not straight
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    It's not weird at all. Go ahead. No one would think you are perverted or not straight. They would just wonder why there are not more men in the class and be glad you are there.
  • Gulzilly
    Gulzilly Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I go to yoga class 1 to 2 times a day. I don't check out who is also in class. Just notice how full and where to place my mat. If you love yoga, go. Who cares what others think. Remember, yoga is a journey, its about doing your best. Its not about doing better than others or what others think/do/can't do.
  • abcindy
    abcindy Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Loads of guys do yoga. Nothing perverted about it.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Some people cower and wince and shrink,
    Owing to fear of what people may think.
    There's only one answer to problems like these:
    People may think what the devil they please.
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    If you are there to gain the benefits of doing yoga, the others will recognize that and accept you as part of the group. If you are there to hit on them and not gain the benefits of working out, they will recognize that as well and you'll be labeled as "the annoying guy that is only there to hit on them" person.

If you are worried that by doing yoga, you'll be categorized as "Not straight", then you have bigger issues.
  • orangelobster
    Options
    I"m the only guy in my yoga class too. I just make sure I keep my eyes to myself (you know what I mean) and act totally normal (whatever that is).
    Yoga is pretty inclusive so....first day I did feel weird though, but it got better.

edit: I'm also straight (not that there's anything wrong with that)
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    I love Yoga.

Hated it once...just the idea of it.

Then i got dragged to a class and decided to just hide up the back.

Best motivation ive ever had. Lmao! :laugh:

Seriously tho, ive spoken to my mates about it (were all tradies), and i get a lot of sht over it, but man! Ive never sweat so much doing anything else.

Crazy hard imo, and ya feel so freekn awesome after it.

Damn..i really gotta get back into this now..............
  • binknbaby
    binknbaby Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I just can't help myself...

http://youtu.be/ctxxKXc6KYk
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    If you are there to gain the benefits of doing yoga, the others will recognize that and accept you as part of the group. If you are there to hit on them and not gain the benefits of working out, they will recognize that as well and you'll be labeled as "the annoying guy that is only there to hit on them" person.

If you are worried that by doing yoga, you'll be categorized as "Not straight", then you have bigger issues.

Yeah, this is a good answer.
  • Sharkington
    Options
    I don't understand what "wrong idea" you are referring to (like you were just there to pick up the ladies?), but I would not really think twice if a guy showed up at a yoga class where it was all women. Yoga is highly beneficial and increases strength and resistance for everyone, male or female. Just go! You are there for you and you might make some new friends. : )
  • DavPul
    Options

i get the wrong idea about guys who want to do something but don't because they are worried about what total strangers might think.

you like yoga. you want to go to a yoga class. there is a convenient class near your home. 1+1+1=GO TO THE CLASS. As long as you don't grab a girl's butt or a guy's package during the middle of the class, no one will be wondering if you are pervert or "not straight". and if they do, who gives a damn? man up and go do what you want to do.
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You guys make me want to take a yoga class!
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Not weird at all there are a few men in my yoga classes. Doesn't bother me or phase me one bit. Yoga is great and not just for women! Men shoudl get the benefits too :)
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    You guys make me want to take a yoga class!

You should! It's awesome!
  • DavPul
    Options
    Not weird at all there are a few men in my yoga classes. Doesn't bother me or phase me one bit. Yoga is great and not just for women! Men shoudl get the benefits too :)

And one of those benefits is being the only straight male in a room full of hot, sweaty, flexible chicks, that have a lot of free time on their hands. You won't have to creep them; they'll come up to you.

Go get your yoga on, son.