Don't understand why I can't lose!

Options
Okay, here's my story real quick. Back last April of 2009, I weighed 170 pounds, and looked at myself in the mirror and pretty much cried. :( Well, that summer .. I was at the gym almost every other day and lost ten pounds. NOW, i'm in college .. kept off the freshmen fifteen, but I really want to lose more weight. I'll keep going from about 155 to 158, depending on the day apparently. I want to be 135...

My problem as well, is that I can't seem to lose any more inches off of my stomach. I try to eat as healthy as I can, I even read the nutritional book at my schools cafeteria! The only inches i've lost lately are on my thighs (went from 28 to 21 in like .. three weeks)

So, does anyone have any ideas of what I should do? Its not like I can even work out more! I work out ALL THE TIME. ;/ any help would be wonderful. Thank you!

Replies

• xdudeitsliz
    Options
    Hey-- What do you do now for exercise routine? I would say that if you are losing inches you should be super super happy with that. Sometimes you keep gaining muscles but losing inches and it helps to tone. But I still would like to know what your doing for a routine at the gym and maybe I could help suggest something??
  • ♥GymBarbie♥
    Options
    Do you do an hour of hard cardio every time you hit the gym? This means you are so drenched with sweat afterwards you need to change leaving the gym.

Do you use the strength and fat burning choices on the machine that push you rather going steady on manual? The harder you work the more calories you burn.

Lastly, the final pounds are the most stubborn and you actually almost need to eat as if you were doing a competition or something of that sort. Dodge carbs (like bread, pasta) choose fat free, and super low carbs if anything fat free is bought and make it a 4oz chicken with a cup of broccoli meal for dinner every day. No slacking. Once your to this point and give it 100% you will see a big difference come upon your body.

Good luck!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    You may want to consider making your Food Diary public so that we can all see what you're eating- that would allow for us to be able to give you the best advice:flowerforyou:

Oh, and by the way, you and I have the same goals- I'm about 154 right now, and my goal is 135. I'm 5'7" tall and 25 years old.
  • dcw8636
    dcw8636 Posts: 9
    Options
    My exercise routine generally consists of an hour of cardio, whether its walking, jogging, elliptical, etc. Then every other day i'm at the gym I do strength training and I just switch up the muscles i'm doing. Generally, i'll be at the gym for an hour and a half to two hours on those days.

Its so hard with the food because I live on a college campus! ;/ I'm going to try to every morning eat egg whites and some fruit, then for lunch a salad with protein in it, then for dinner .. i'm not sure. I'll try to figure that out. Thank you guys so much!