Replies

• CloneSN
    CloneSN Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    wow! Congrats, dude!!!!
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats on all your hard work. You should be very proud of yourself :drinker:
    23087067.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Nice work man
  • ashprather
    ashprather Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    you look awesome! congrats on your new healthy lifestyle!
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Congrats!!
  • HardRockCamaro
    Options
    Fantastic, I'm 36 and trying to go from 220 or so to 180 so your pics are an inspiration!
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome accomplishment! Congratulations on your success and hard work! *hugs*
  • mothermary65
    Options
    Very inspirering Im going to give it may all and loose the weight i need to to feel better and look good.
  • Tina044
    Options
    Excellent work., Very well done! Great job!
  • MariaAkeroyd
    MariaAkeroyd Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Nice. Thank you for posting your story. What sort of 10 week challenge did you do? I'm looking for ways to keep myself interested and off-balance in my life-transformation (I don't want to get bored.) Any tips for a currently chubby guy?
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Wow. Your progress is truly amazing, and I'm not just throwing that out there in a "just passing by" kind of way, I mean it. When you say "I thought it just ran in the family," it really hits home with me. Other than age, on the surface our stats seem to be close, which made me particularly interested in this post. Congratulations on your loss and I wish you continued success as you take on a life long fight to maintain your health!
  • tempest501
    tempest501 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job , Thats some serious effort you put in. Kudos
  • DogsK
    DogsK Posts: 94
    Options
    Great words of advice Sam, geat pics of before and after. As already said many times here, very inspirational. Keep it going mate
  • ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Well done bro! Here's to many years of health and staying fit.
  • sam_gamgee
    sam_gamgee Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks heaps for the kind words everyone - I know that seeing other people's success stories helped me to stay motivated, so this is hopefully a bit of payback. Looking forward to seeing similar posts from many of you as you progress too!

To answer a question - jzalisa, the starting challenge was something here in Australia called the "million kilo challenge" which aimed to get people across Aus to lose 1,000,000 kg in 10 weeks. It was basically an advertising vehicle for a health insurer, but I don't begrudge them that as it helped me start. :-) I started with a group of friends who all dropped off by about the midway point, but by then I was seeing some results and determined, so I just kept going solo (out of my group anyway).

As an nerdy engineering numbers type of guy, I like to weigh every day and keep a spreadsheet, calculate a 7 day moving average etc (I can show you a chart of a year of weigh ins if you're interested). That way I don't have to wait a week each time to recheck after a "bad" result, and it helped me stay keen. :-) That might not work for everyone though. I think the most important point was #1 on my list - stay focused on what's important for you, and why you're trying to lose weight. If that's enough to *really* make you want it, you'll get there.

Here's to another year of exercise, better eating choices and just being healthier!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!