No carbs (except fruit & oats), no refined sugar plan

Options
Hi,

I've just started this food plan and I'm wondering if anyone else is doing this and how you are doing?
I've only been doing this for 11 days, however, so far, it has been relatively easy (surprisingly!). Since my will power is not the best, I almost think that for me, cutting it out completely work better.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• ajfc1971
    ajfc1971 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I did this when I first started and loss weight every week. Then I slowly started to introduce rice, pasta potatoes bread etc and I did continue to lose weight. However for the last 2mths I have roughly stayed the same. I am looking to going back on this and seeing how I get on with it again.

I use to live on the zero calorie noodles ( japaneese) instead of rice, they were great.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've just started this food plan and I'm wondering if anyone else is doing this and how you are doing?
    I've only been doing this for 11 days, however, so far, it has been relatively easy (surprisingly!). Since my will power is not the best, I almost think that for me, cutting it out completely work better.

Any thoughts?

why would you not want to eat veg?
  • mytivona
    mytivona Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh sorry! I forgot to mention veggies. Yes, I do eat them, however not the starchy ones - with the exception on Sweet potatoes since they are low on the glycemic index. I also decided to occasionally eat oats after someone recommended Biggest Loser Oatmeal pancakes!
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2151521

I warm some blueberries with 1/2 packet stevia and put that on top!

ajfc - wow - you've done really well! I'm hoping to make this change forever - we'll see! Of course I have told myself that on holidays, or special occasions I will not be so restrictive. There has to be some exceptions - but just a few. :)
  • mytivona
    mytivona Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'll have to see if I can find those noodles, although pasta has never been a real favorite of mine. I wish I could find a decent no carb (low glycemic index) bread. I do miss bread and crackers. From what I've read, bread made with almond flour has a high GI index, but coconut flour a low GI index. So I'm searching...