Calories in my sushi ?

Options
2»

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Sadly, handmade rolls can vary a large amount from location to location, and even from chef to chef at the same place. About the only way you are going to get even a decent estimate on this (+/-10%) is if you were to tear it all apart and weigh the ingredients individually. Even then, it would only be ballpark, unless you knew the exact ingredients that they use in each sauce, etc.
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Agreed, they're not low cal.
    Its hard for me to figure out the size of the rolls on the plate, but most restaurants in the UK I've been to say about 180 for 6 tuna rolls but they're pretty small...

I would think that that 180 for 6 tuna rolls, are the tiny tiny ones that have just the tuna in solid form in the center.

But the calories in sushi were an eye opener for me.
    We don't eat it as often anymore.....
  • suzely0530
    suzely0530 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Sushi is by far my favourite food and I'm so sad that it in fact has so many calories. I recently switched to just eating sashimi so I can still somewhat enjoy it.

Sashimi, I have never had.. not sure I would like it.

Some day, I will try some sashimi!

That's what I was thinking...sashimi. I'm sure the rice is what increases the calories, even if you are asking for just a little. You may want to eat the fish only. Oh...what about veggie or shrimp spring rolls ? I know they're not as exciting, but less calories.
  • Charweezie
    Charweezie Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    As far as I know and have been told and have read, there are ALOT of calories in Sushi :( womp womp....