Needing help with breakfast ideas.

Options
Hey. I am needing ideas that I can try for breakfast. I had my gallbladder removed about 6 months ago and I have found that I can't have milk in the morning or eat eggs by themselves. I need more ideas other than just rice or oatmeal every morning. Waffles are getting old also. Any suggestions would be great. thanks.

Replies

• lspanhake
    Options
    I am also sensitive to milk and eggs in the morning but I have found that I am fine with Greek Yogurt, could be the "live and active cultures". Have you tried it? This is what I have for breakfast every morning and it keep me satisfied until lunch time. : 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1 tbsp. ground flax seed, 1/2 cup fruit (apples, berries, pear, what ever is your favorite) and about a tbsp. of slivered almonds.
    I had my gallbladder removed about 9 years ago but I never made the connection between my dairy and egg sensitivity and the lack of a gallbladder. Could be something to it!
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I really like a toasted whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter on top then sliced strawberries or bananas or both.

Also I like to make my own yogurt parfait so I have portion/ calorie/ sugar control.

Another good one as a breakfast or snack is a sliced apple topped with chopped walnuts or pecans, then mix together 1 tbsp of peanut butter and 1 tsp of honey and micorwave for 25 secs. Drizzle the peanut butter honey mixture over the apple and walnuts, when you microwave the peanutbutter it melts so you get more "bang for your buck" so to speak.

Graham crackers with nutella and banana
  • bluskies01
    bluskies01 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I like having a kashi waffle with some natural jelly spread on top, greek yogurt is definitely yum, turkey sausage on a low fat croissant (I also have egg whites but I imagine it'd be good without too),