Is "Naked" juice a good choice?

Options
Before I started on my weight loss journey, I fell in love with Naked juice. I've been incorporating it into my diet, but it's a whole lot of calories for a drink. I know it has the juice of lots of different fruits/veggies, but is it really a good choice? I've taken a break from it the last couple of days, but I have three more in my fridge that are calling my name.

What do ya think?

Kelly :)

Replies

• rockangel8907
    rockangel8907 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Not a huge fan, I'd rather get the cals and fiber from the actual fruit. If you have room in your daily calories I don't think any food is bad. Just budget them in but realize they can take up a big portion of your cals and you really won't feel full afterward.
  • jivitasa
    jivitasa Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    No. Just eat a bunch of sugar instead and it's the same.

Most of the benefit of juice are the live enzymes, which are dead in commercial juice. If you drink juice, to get te most benefit, you should make it yourself and drink it immediately.

But, keep in mind the sugar. How many oranges does it take to make a glass of orange juice? It's crazy. Would you sit there and eat that many oranges in a row?

Well said... ^^
  • lamby284
    lamby284 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    It is reallly sugary. I think for one bottle, its like 56g of sugar. I wouldnt rely upon them.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    if you want to get your minerals and vitamins, eating fruit will be much better choice
    nothing wrong with having juice as a treat if your daily calories allow for it.
  • berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Before I started on my weight loss journey, I fell in love with Naked juice. I've been incorporating it into my diet, but it's a whole lot of calories for a drink. I know it has the juice of lots of different fruits/veggies, but is it really a good choice? I've taken a break from it the last couple of days, but I have three more in my fridge that are calling my name.

What do ya think?

Look for the amount of sugar in it. I am sure there is added sugar in 'Naked' juice. As said above, you are much better off making your own.
  • bhasl407
    Options
    I don't think that it is a "bad" choice. I know in an ideal perfect diet, yes eating the fruit itself would be better. BUT who has time to shop for and prep fruit? I know I don't. If you're picky like me, it takes almost an hour to eat an orange. (peeling, getting all the nasty white stuff off, and picking out the seeds.) Not to mention eating real fruit is incredibly messy most of the time. Try eating watermelon on the bus sometime...

Also as far as beverages go, that's one of the better ones for juice. You could be drinking soda, or Kool-aid, or some heavily processed juice cocktail.

It may seem like a lot of calories, but look at the nutrition you're getting from those calories. A ton of vitamins. Also if I recall Naked puts some really funky fruits and other bonus things in some of their drinks. Things you can't always pick up at the groceries store. (Like pomegranate which is seasonal.)

If you want to feel a little better about it, maybe only drink half of one a day. Also I think they have a few flavors that are specifically lower in sugar.

Hope this helps. Enjoy.
  • Vmax1992
    Vmax1992 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If you can't stand the thought of tossing the juice, try cutting it with sparkling water, till it is gone. Seems that juice from fruit just isn't that great since such a high concentration of sugar ends up in the glass. I try to consume products in the least processed form. Good luck
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    People say IIFYM for a Big Mac, I think a Naked Juice is ok. If you love them, drink them. There are much worse things you could be doing for yourself. Barring any special medical conditions where you have to limit carbs or sugars.
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    I do enjoy it! But did you ever gander at the nutrition facts? It doesn't have as much vitamins as you'd think! Eating fruit or making your own juice is much better.
  • KellyOnlySmaller
    KellyOnlySmaller Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I agree that it's not the greatest choice, but okay as a treat once in a while.

I love fruit, so I'll mainly stick to the real deal.

Thanks again,