Lots to Lose & Confidence to Gain

Options
Well I'll be 27 years old in May, I'm single, and would like to lose about 100 lbs. I've been overweight my whole life and struggled with confidence issues to some extent, but never as much as I have the past 1.5-2 years. I focused so much on working, school, and getting my own house and let my health go. Then the stress of handling a house on my own, then losing both of my jobs, and trying to finish school just added on more weight. Now I have family living with me, I've been employed at a decent job for a little over a year now, and I'll have my Master's degree in May (and of course soon after the stress of paying student loans haha). About 2 months ago I realized that my health is important and that my weight has prevented me from doing a lot of things in my life. I never wanted to go out with a big group of people and be the fat chick, I didn't want to go out with just a group of overweight people and feel like everyone was looking at all of us, and I've just started really having problems opening up to guys and making new friends or meeting new people. Even when a guy asks me to hang out or do anything I end up pushing it off for so long that he gets tired of it or we hang out a few times and I become even more self conscious because I don't like how I look in any of my clothes anymore, don't like my new "shape" and don't want things to progress because I don't like my body in clothes let alone naked.

So now that I have written you a book, basically what I am looking for is some friends who are motivated to really make a lifestyle change... I want to change my life completely, I don't just want to lose weight and be skinny, I want to be HEALTHY. I want to be able to try new things, be active, and have fun without being out of breath so easily or feel like the fat one in the group. And most importantly I want to feel confident in myself. If I don't love myself how can I ever fully love someone else or expect them to love me?

If you're trying to lose a good amount of weight and want friends on mfp to help motivate each other and gain confidence again (or maybe for the first time ever like me) then add me :)

Replies

• kristina1709
    kristina1709 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You can do anything you have set your mind to. I had 70 to lose and lost 80 (which was to much to be honest with you). It took me a few years (I started when I was about 22/23 yrs old) but I did it and I maintained that for quite sometime. Then I got married (at 27) and put on 15, then I became pregnant (at 28) and gained 50. I have lost all of my pregnancy weight and working on losing the rest.

I have learned that when it comes to losing weight and my health and fitness I need to put myself first and that it is ok to put myself first. We need to take care of our selves.

Good luck!
  • Amordeca
    Options
    I have faith in you girl! let's motivate each other to lose weight, be healthy and confident!! I understand stress can make you gain weight I got really stressed these last few months and I gained like 20 pounds. shocked the hell out of me. I have 100 plus pounds to lose, just like you. :)

33386074.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods