Getting Baby-Ready and Healthy

Options
Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. I am Megan and I am 24 years old. I am working on getting healthy before my husband and I start trying for kids this summer. I have GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) and have been feeling the effects of that lately due to my weight, so it is definitely time to make a change! I went on Nutrisystem (and loved it) back in November 2011 to March 2012 and lost 26 pounds. I felt so proud and good, but after I wed in July, that weight came back to haunt me!

I need some really good motivation to stay on track. Please add me as a friend, and we can help each other reach our goal!

Replies

• brandymandycandy
    Options
    Add me!!!

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for over a year, all my blood work came back great and I'm convienced its because I gained so much weight in such a short amount of time, I'm too trying to get healthy for me, my husband and soon to be family!
  • JulieBGoood
    JulieBGoood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have been TTC for about a year and a half now and am hoping losing some lbs will help my fertility problems. Feel free to add me for support :)
  • Emily3456
    Emily3456 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to lose weight before my husband and I try for babies! Feel free to add me!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I had lost 40 pounds when SURPRISE! I found out I was pregnant! It wasn't planned, but we were very excited. Unfortunately, I lost the pregnancy (after putting back on 25 pounds, then another 10 due to the depression). We have been trying for 8 months now.

Feel free to add me.

ETA: I'm 27, married for 2 and a half years.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    TTC here too!! I got my blood drawn yesterday for day 23 to see if I ovulated!! I told my six year old that I needed to find out if I had laid an egg! ;) Feel free to add me...be sure to include a message though!
  • brandymandycandy
    Options
    I had lost 40 pounds when SURPRISE! I found out I was pregnant! It wasn't planned, but we were very excited. Unfortunately, I lost the pregnancy (after putting back on 25 pounds, then another 10 due to the depression). We have been trying for 8 months now.

Feel free to add me.

Hun, I'm so sorry for your loss! I hope that you guys will have success soon.

good luck
  • AEcklar813
    AEcklar813 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am 25. I have an almost 4 yr old. I weighed 290ish when pregnant with her. I have lost 112lbs in the 18 months I've been on here but I am currently 13 weeks pregnant with baby number 2. I have maintained my weight so far through the pregnancy. I'm about 185 now.
    Feel free to ad me!
  • mollylookalike
    mollylookalike Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing - I'm 32, and have a 10 year old. I never thought I would WANT another baby after a divorce and miscarriage, but I have hearts in my eyes and my boyfriend doesn't have any children. We aren't trying yet (we will when we get married!).
  • Megz2006
    Megz2006 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I will have support from some awesome ladies! Thanks for commenting and adding me. I appreciate it!
  • agl003
    agl003 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I too, am trying to lose before we TTC. Please feel free to add.
  • akmett
    akmett Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Weight loss does help. Both times I got pregnant was after I had lost just 15 lbs. Best wishes to all of you!
  • sassycupcakecutie
    Options
    Hi. I have one son but getting healthy and losing so we can ttc again. Feel free to add me!
  • ljbennett1
    ljbennett1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Similar situation here! Good luck and feel free to add me :)
  • MissChrisCurtis
    Options
    Hiya! I am 26 and also suffer with GAD.

and I am also trying to get weight off so My partner and I can have a baby in the future. :)
  • JulieBGoood
    JulieBGoood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping that these postive changes will be helpful to all of us TTC! Babydust & good health to all :)
  • Ginsey31
    Options
    Awesome goal! My husband and I also strived to get healthy before our first baby. It was a challenge sometimes but the results were fantastic! I was able to maintain a great workout routine throughout pregnancy, too.

Unfortunately, I suffered from PPD and ended up gaining back weight I had lost so many years before. It was super frustrating. Recently, we have been thinking about adding to our family, so, I'm back on track for becoming the healthiest I can be.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I just wanted to comment and let you know that getting in shape before baby was the best thing I could have done.
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Kayla and I'm trying to get baby ready also. My goal is to lose about 30lbs and create the healthy lifestyle choices that I can carry on after we try for babies (One more year when I turn 25)

Feel free to add me!
  • mrs_maier
    mrs_maier Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in July and we plan to try right away, however I want to be at a healthier weight before we start doing that. Although 25-30 lbs would be acceptable, I'm really striving for closer to 50 lbs before I get pregnant. Add me if anyone else is looking for some support!! I think it's great that so many other women are trying to get healthy before baby #loveit
  • jsimler1
    jsimler1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to lose weight so I can conceive...have been TTC for 18 mo+...add me if you'd like!
  • Nike13
    Nike13 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me that being overweight can make it harder to get pregnant so I've been working to clean up my act :) My husband and I will start trying this summer too.

Good luck and feel free to add me too.