Polar FT4 brand new-- not working. (please any advice!)

Options
I just bought my polar ft4 last night and went straight to the gym. I set it up, watered the strap and put it on tight and off i went. When i went to sync for my heart rate, it kept coming up 00. Why is it not reading my heart rate? Ive tried to take it off and put it back on, re-wet it. Not sure what to do from here!

Replies

• kristinlc88
    kristinlc88 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm having the exact same problem! I tried everything, and it would say 50 sometimes and then 00 most of the time...
  • JasonsSoulMate
    JasonsSoulMate Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    SNAP!! I got mine yesterday, put it on about 2 hours ago while doig housework. It's stopped after 1 hour 26 min
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I've never had a problem with mine and I've had it over a year and, my husband also has one and no problems.. Maybe take it back?
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and it has done that a couple times but once I push the transmitter to my chest manually it seems to pick it up.. not sure if the snaps weren't getting the connection or not but it worked.
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Mine has done it a few times I just re-wet the strap and put it back on and then it is fine!
  • lovelee79
    Options
    I've never had a problem with my FT4 and I've had mine over a year.
  • tuck1jl
    tuck1jl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have the FT60 and sometimes it does that if the battery is low. I have read mutliple places that if the battery is old & doesnt have th proper charge the strap & watch can't connect. I would change out the battery. When I first got mine I couldn't even do the fitness test. Come to find out my strap was bad. The service center replaced it for free. Since then it works great until the batteries get low.

if that doesn't work you do have a warrenty call Polar & have them help.

Ps I have also noted the strap has to be rather tight to get a good reading. That might help:)
  • JasonsSoulMate
    Options
    I've never had a problem with mine and I've had it over a year and, my husband also has one and no problems.. Maybe take it back?

Not an easy thing when you live in remote places and have to rely on posting it to the other end of the country.
  • kristinlc88
    Options
    Can you get it TOO wet? That's what I've been afraid of. If not, I'm just going to put it under the running water until I know it's good and wet.
  • SammyKatt13
    SammyKatt13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The only time mine has done that is when I've put the little snap on transmitter on upside down.
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You might need to update the firmware on the device as well
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid to soak it and make sure the transmitter is the right way..not upside down.
  • JasonsSoulMate
    Options
    Ok ladies, I just tried something weird... I shoved it under the underwire in my bra and it's back working.... try tightening the strap to UNCOMFORTABLE, spit on it and lodge it there!
  • SammyKatt13
    SammyKatt13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If you contact Polar and tell them what is happening, most of the time they will send a replacement for free.....
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I've had my pretty pink FT4 for a year wearing it daily for six months straight followed by 4-5 a days a week thereafter. The only time I had a problem was when I had lost weight and the strap wasn't tight enough or the strap needed washed vs just rinsed. Oh, or when my it wasn't situated right under my bra; the band would move the transmitter and it wouldn't be laying right. The best way to wear is with a sports bra; the transmitter in the front up under the bottom of the bra band. Mine stays situated in between the girls. Also, I sometimes use the gel instead of water, but haven't found there to be a difference.
  • kristinlc88
    Options
    You might need to update the firmware on the device as well

How would you do that?
  • lsilly15
    lsilly15 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Wow guys thanks so much! I will try this out this weekend :)
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Make sure you wet the side close to your chest and that the writing on the snaps is up.Also make sure the strap is high on your chest mid line.It will stop if you bend over but you can restart it.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies, I just tried something weird... I shoved it under the underwire in my bra and it's back working.... try tightening the strap to UNCOMFORTABLE, spit on it and lodge it there!

Uh, where was it before? It should be up under your bra. Maybe you were wearing it too low before.