Almond Milk

Options
2»

Replies

• Ashellini
    Ashellini Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I like almond milk a lot, but don't buy it a lot since I don't consume tons of dairy. I'm finding I'm getting a pretty bad dairy intolerance to things like milk (unless it's skim), sour cream and yogurt, so I am trying to cut out all dairy with the exception of cheese.
  • laccy40
    laccy40 Posts: 136
    Options
    I like almond milk a lot, but don't buy it a lot since I don't consume tons of dairy. I'm finding I'm getting a pretty bad dairy intolerance to things like milk (unless it's skim), sour cream and yogurt, so I am trying to cut out all dairy with the exception of cheese.
    You're in luck then cos almond milk isn't dairy - it's almonds!
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options

There is no dairy in almond milk. it is ground up almonds and water. (and vanilla if you get that flavor). I looked it up to see what exactly almond milk was. I just started to use it the last couple weeks. (hate regular milk). There is no Lactose in Almond milk since it is not from an animal. So drink away.... Not a dairy.
  • RaineyLaney
    Options
    I just bought some. Just had to throw that out there since I've always made a face at the idea before. And do it here where people wouldn't laugh - definitely not a Facebook status.

It really does taste like almonds :drinker: Weird :wink:

I LOVE Almond milk. I was also surprised that it tasted exactly.. like almonds.

If you like coconuts, try the coconut almond! it's bangin' yo!

It taste like almonds because it is made from almonds (ground up with water added)
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I just used it for my protein powder shake. Not bad. Still weird to me, but slowly getting used to the idea.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess I'm just weird. I LOVE almonds so I bought some sugar free vanilla almond milk. BLEH!!!! maybe I got a bad one. It's Silk Pure Almond and it's in date. I even tried making hot cocoa with it and I just couldn't stomach it, hot or cold. First one to come to my house can have what's left!

edited to correct spelling
  • RaineyLaney
    Options
    Well, I guess I'm just weird. I LOVE almonds so I bought some sugar free vanilla almond milk. BLEH!!!! maybe I got a bad one. It's Silk Pure Almond and it's in date. I even tried making hot cocoa with it and I just couldn't stomach it, hot or cold. First one to come to my house can have what's left!

edited to correct spelling

I buy the Blue diamond breeze unsweetened almond milk vanilla flavor. But I haven't tasted real milk since I was 10 yrs old and I am 55 now. So I can not compare it to regular milk. For me it is ok, and this way I am getting my calcium and vitamin D
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    A favorite for my cereal!!!
  • s_wilson84
    s_wilson84 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    ....Trying to go dairy free where I can, but man, cheese is just so good!

Try Daiya brand cheese. It is a vegan form of cheese. It is great on pizzas and casseroles. It will fix any cheese craving.